quicken error on startup with no error message

installed windows subcription desktop application 33.19 on windows 10 pro 20h2 with local administrator access with no errors. When I went to run the application "quicken error" window pops up with no error message. Reinstalled windows and have checked .NET and visual c++ redistributions are all up to date.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    @vanet

Thanks for the update. At this point I'd recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to screen share to troubleshoot more effectively to figure out what exactly is happening. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @vanet

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if the update might have missed something causing the update to not function properly. Are you noticing anything else that might also be popping up causing the issue?  I'll leave the Mondo patch down below so we're able to try updating the program again to see if that may help with the issue we're having.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if it helps. If not let us know any additional information and we'll see what we can attempt.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• vanet
    vanet Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Quicken Francisco

I have run the patch but unfortunately it still has the same error. I have provided the screen capture.
    The machine is an i7-3770 with 8Gb RAM and running windows10pro 19042.985
    I have tried installing the software on a different machine and it worked only difference I can see is that MS Office products are not installed on the machine it has an error.

Any other thoughts on where to look in the logs or windows setting?

here is my install log (somwwhat filtered)
    : Log Opened
    : Getting OS Version info
    : OS stats:
    : Microsoft Windows Vista family
    : Workstation
    : User has administrator rights
    : OS check OK
    : quickenPatch is closed.
    : Quicken is closed.
    : MSI version found: 5.0
    : UpdateProductName: ProductName is Quicken
    : Product not installed on this machine
    : Previous version of Quicken NOT FOUND!
    : Verification of .NET Framework Installation and Health Check-up done
    : Checking IE 6.0 version
    : IE version found 9.11.19041.0
    : Install Properties: QLOG_DIR="20210516_155029" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken" ARPINSTALLLOCATION="C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken" ISQNUE=FALSE ISTRIAL=FALSE QUILEVEL=1 LAUNCHED_BY_SETUP=1
    : Check Quicken Version after Install
    : Build Version: 27.1.33.19
    : File not found : C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\SendError.dll
    : Post install cleanup.
    : Directory does not exist : C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\common\sunset
    : Directory does not exist : C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\common\launch
    : ERROR: Quicken Launched for Update returned: ; Error Code: 0
    : Log Closed
  • Quicken Francisco
    @vanet

Intersting It seems as if it does think that Quicken isn't installed anymore. If that's the case we may want to try reinstalling Quicken but we'll want to make sure it's fully deleted. This won't touch your personal files those will remain but delete the program itself. We'll want to do a Qcleanui and once that is done we'll try reinstalling the program. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Once you've performed the Qcleanui we should be able to try reinstalling Quicken here. The download link will be down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Let us know if you're able to get Quicken back up and opened. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • vanet
    vanet Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco,

I followed these instructions of clean install with all steps working succesfully and then even tried the mondo update again the but unfortunately both tests it didnt work. I hope you might have a few more things to test because I thought this was truly going to solve the problem.

Thanks for your time.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Accepted Answer
    @vanet

Thanks for the update. At this point I'd recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to screen share to troubleshoot more effectively to figure out what exactly is happening. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco