Suggestion: allow "custom to date" as date range in Net Worth report

schlotz
schlotz Member ✭✭
edited May 16 in Reports (Mac)
Every time I look at my saved net worth report that uses a custom date range, I have to change the "To" date to "Todays date". I want "today" to ALWAYS be the "To" date so that I don't have to change it every month.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @schlotz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your feedback.   have gone ahead and changed this post to an Idea post so that others may vote on adding this feature to Quicken. Be sure to add your vote. Once an idea has gained enough traction it will be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • schlotz
    schlotz Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tyka
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I misunderstood from the title of this topic, but I entirely agree. The request is to have "relative" or "dynamic" date options, in addition to static dates, in custom date ranges. "Today" and "Yesterday" are dynamic dates. Other options might include "Beginning/End of This month", "Beginning/End of Last Month", "Beginning/End of Last Quarter", "Beginning/End of Last Year". Yes, yes, yes!

This issue goes beyond the Net Worth report, although that is a perfect example of the need for dynamic dates; if the Quicken developers implement this change, the dynamic dates choices should be everywhere custom dates can currently be entered: all reports (important) and registers (less important, but for consistency). (I suspect the same code for custom date range entry is used in all these locations, so it might be only one change to implement this throughout the program.)

@Quicken_Tyka  I'd note that there are several existing Idea threads asking for basically the same thing, although users have used slightly different terminology or scope in asking for the same thing. I don't know if these can be neatly merged without making a mess of these threads, but when you put them together, there's a lot more interest in this functionality than any one thread indicates:

Would like additional date range options when creating a report   (currently 10 votes)

New Date Range Option: Year to End of Last Month   (currently 3 votes)

Add ability to save and re-use customized date ranges   (currently 14 votes)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993