Download not working

I am working on a desktop PC. I have 3 different data files - one for myself, one for my mom and one for a club for which I am the treasurer. All three files have accounts at the same credit union. I am having trouble with my own file downloading data from that credit union, from my investment accounts and from one of my two credit cards. I am not having any problem with the other two files. I have updated my Quicken version, I have rebooted my PC, I have deactivated and reactivated the accounts multiple times, I have reset the accounts multiple times. This is a new problem in the last few days - I have been a Quicken user for many years and am fairly computer literate. I generally download daily. I am not wanting to go to the accounts on line and manually enter transactions.
How do I fix this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @williams3036

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    OK, let's ignore the other 2 files, because they're working properly.
    In your account, are you getting any error messages or codes?  Have you tried, on a 1 time basis, initiating the download from there (this sometimes "shakes loose" the cobwebs)?
    Are all 3 data files located in the same folder on your desktop?  If not, where? 
    And what's the full path to your data file ... starting with the drive letter and continuing thru .QDF.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • williams3036
    williams3036 Member
    I did get some error messages at the beginning of the process, including in one of the other accounts but I have corrected them and am no longer getting them. I have tried an update on one account at a time with no luck. Running an update on the credit union account, whether individually or as part of an update-all, actually removes some cleared checkmarks (not the transactions, just the manually added checkmarks). All 3 files are located in the same folder but it is not my desktop. File path is C:\Users\Anita\Documents\Quicken\Anita's Quicken DataCpy.QDF (it is Cpy because I had a problem several months ago where the solution was to create a copy of the data set).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Try shortening your data file name to conform to the 8.3 convention. I.E., up to 8 characters, with no spaces or special characters or punctuation followed by .QDF
    Q frequently has problems with data files that don't follow this convention.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • williams3036
    williams3036 Member
    Tried that just now - no luck.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @williams3036

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco