Transactions between accounts "removed" as well as "removing category" after I run Quicken update.

Hello,
I would consider myself a heavy and experienced user of Quicken as my data dates back to August 1993. I use Quicken Premier Version R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12 on a Windows 10 Enterprise all updates installed. My data file size is 222,023 KB.

In the past 24 to 48 hours I have been experiencing issued with transactions between two accounts either "removed", "missing categories" and even "duplicating" transactions. Some of these transactions have been reconciled and a few not. I have spent a few hours today tracking down a total of 8 missing or changed transactions. I just today reconciled my checking account to help track them down. All of these transactions that were effected were within the past 45 days. After I had cleaned up the issue I proceeded to run another Quicken update and immediately upon completion of that update my account balances changed for no reason. I had to research out and I found 3 more transactions that I had to correct or re-enter. I see a few post talking about this same issue.

My question is there and known fix for this issue?

Yes, I have run the Validate and Repair several times in Quicken too.
QDF: Validating your data.
Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List.
QEL: No read errors.
QEL: All internal consistency checks passed.

Regards,
BCar

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @BCar

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

May I ask that you please take a moment to review the steps and information available here and confirm the location of the data file? Is the file stored on the hard drive or the cloud drive?

Storing the file in a cloud drive or network drive may cause the issues you have described.

Please let us know!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • BCar
    BCar Member
    Good Morning Tyka,

I have reviewed the file path this morning and yes it is located on the local C: drive.

This is the data file path, C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Quicken as it was set up by Quicken during the installation process of the program. It has been located here and not moved since I started using this computer in 2013.

Computer Specs:
    Dell: XPS 8500
    Device name Brians-PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎11/‎1/‎2020
    OS build 19042.985
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

I look forward to you reply.

Regards,
    Brian
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems