No reason for one step update error message?

Virtually every time I run one step update I get the attached error message, yet the two accounts always update with no problem. Any idea why Q thinks there is a problem?
Thanks
dj

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @DonJames

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. I believe this happens with some direct connect accounts but I'm not entirely sure why as I also have the same issue with one of my accounts. I haven't put too much note into it as it's downloaded all of my information so I'm not entirely sure what's happening. Have you noticed anything differently and how long has this also been happening? 

In any case please let us know if you've seen differently and if the errors ever given you any issues.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with my Wells Fargo account. The updates do happen, but I then get a OL-393-A error message. This only happens with Wells Fargo. My other accounts (Vanguard, Capital One) update perfectly. This started a couple of days ago. I also get a message that as of June 1, Wells Fargo will no longer support Bank Mail. I have no idea what this means.
    Thanks,
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @DonJames & @AR53

Thank you for sharing the details of this error, although I'm sorry to hear that this behavior is persisting.

If you haven't already, please go to the Tools menu at the top of Quicken and select "Account List" from the menu.

In the account list window that opens, please click the "Edit" button to the right of the affected account name, the Account Details window should then open.

In the Account Details window, please select the middle tab for "Online Services" and at the bottom under the Bill Pay section - do you have a button that says 'deactivate' or ' set up now'?

If it says 'Deactivate" that indicates that the bill pay service provided by your financial institution has been turned on and may be the root cause of the OL-393 error.  If you do not pay bills through your financial institution in Quicken, please click on the deactivate button and turn off the bill pay connection.

Once the window refreshes and shows a 'set up now' button, please close the Account Details and Account List windows and run the One Step Update once more.

Does the OL-393 error still occur or does the update complete normally as expected?

Please let us know, thank you!

Sarah
  • AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah:
    Thank you for your response, but I do pay bills through Wells Fargo. If I deactivate the bill pay selection, will I lose the pending payments that I already sent in?
    Thanks
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    AR53 said:
    Hi Sarah:
    Thank you for your response, but I do pay bills through Wells Fargo. If I deactivate the bill pay selection, will I lose the pending payments that I already sent in?
    Thanks
    Hi @AR53

Thanks for confirming that you do use the bill pay function through Wells Fargo.  Another cause of the OL-393 error could be an internal issue with a bill payment transaction.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to review the internal communications between Quicken and Wells Fargo and see if we can pinpoint what the cause of this error is.  Please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".

In the window that appears, please mark all the files listed, expect for the sanitized data file copy, in the subject line enter "Attn: Sarah" and click Send to Quicken when ready.

Once sent, please just reply here and let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, only 1 account, your checking account, should be enabled for bill pay per bank.
    Shooting into the dark ... is there another account, perhaps an old, unused, closed one which is also enabled for bill pay?
  • AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    Thank you UKR. That did it. I had other Wells Fargo accounts activated for billpay. By deactivating those other accounts, the update completed as usual. Thank you again, and thank you Sarah for your help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome.
    To be honest, this was really just a shot in the dark. Let's see if other users can confirm or deny the solution.
  • AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    It was a good "shot in the dark"!