Banking issues

My bank no longer supports linking to Quicken. I tried downloading a qfx file to import into my file, but it did not work. How can I avoid having to manually enter my banking transactions?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18 Accepted Answer
    Who is your bank?  Did you receive notice from the bank that it no longer supports Quicken?
    Does your bank still give you the option to manually download a QFX file?  You said "it did not work" but does that mean your bank no longer offers QFX downloads or that you were able to download the QFX file but it was not properly imported into Quicken?
    If indeed your bank no longer supports Quicken (not even offering downloads via QFX), there are a couple of ways you might still be able to import into Quicken.  If these methods don't work for you then the only way you can update your bank account(s) in Quicken is to do it with manual entry.:
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    mikek50 said:
    My bank told me they were not linking to Quicken anymore due to security concerns. I was able to download a qfx file, but I got the error message when I tried to import into into quicken.

Your bank is BSing you.  It's NOT because of "security concerns" ... it's because your bank no longer wants to pay the licensing fee to Quicken/Intuit to maintain downloads.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18 Accepted Answer
    Who is your bank?  Did you receive notice from the bank that it no longer supports Quicken?
    Does your bank still give you the option to manually download a QFX file?  You said "it did not work" but does that mean your bank no longer offers QFX downloads or that you were able to download the QFX file but it was not properly imported into Quicken?
    If indeed your bank no longer supports Quicken (not even offering downloads via QFX), there are a couple of ways you might still be able to import into Quicken.  If these methods don't work for you then the only way you can update your bank account(s) in Quicken is to do it with manual entry.:
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • mikek50
    mikek50 Member ✭✭
    My bank told me they were not linking to Quicken anymore due to security concerns. I was able to download a qfx file, but I got the error message when I tried to import into into quicken.
  • mikek50
    mikek50 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your input!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    mikek50 said:

Your bank is BSing you.  It's NOT because of "security concerns" ... it's because your bank no longer wants to pay the licensing fee to Quicken/Intuit to maintain downloads.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP