OSU Issues - improved cloud services deleted bank account

Everything worked fine on 5/12. Today I tried a OSU, which included the note about a new and improved (?!) cloud service, and somehow my primary bank account wouldn't work anymore. I tried to deactivate and add it, and it didn't even show up on the list of possible accounts at my bank to link to. So tried adding it as a new account, and would then have had thousands of entries to edit. Then, at some point, it treated my long standing bank account as a loan, and would not show me any register entries. I tired restoring from 5/12, to no avail. I finally ended up going back to a mid April copy made, not a backup, and was able to reconstruct from there. This followed a couple of weeks of not being able to connect to my bank regularly. A very frustrating period. Would be good to know what this new and improved cloud service is and does, as it became evident it was tied into the problems.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @CoNative55

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• CoNative55
    CoNative55 Member
    Forgot to mention, that even in recovering from a month-old copy, the OSU process inserted a bunch of "new" entries, even though they pre-dated the month old copy by many months, often tied to transfers, and there was an hour of editing out this type of duplicate data.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @CoNative55

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco