MAC Product Enhancement: Realized Gain & Commissions Report

adsoft2015
adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
Product Enhancement Request for MAC: I'd like to see a simple Investment report which shows realized gains by security. I'd like to be able to also see the commissions column, since we track this information separately. Currently the way we need to do this is very convoluted and NOT intuitive. This should be a simple report available under Investments. It should include the Date, Action (Buy, Sell, Sell Short, etc), Security Name, total Gain/Loss and commission.
Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
    Currently I need to export my data to Excel to do run this report and it's very inconvenient.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @adsoft2015,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
    Thank you Anja
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @adsoft2015 I agree with the need for such a report in Quicken Mac… hopefully as a part of a wide range of investment reports.

That said, I'd note two things:

(1) This Idea request is similar to an existing one:
    How do I generate a capital gains report for my stock transactions (Q Mac)

That request does not specifically mention commissions, but otherwise, they're both asking for a capital gains report. You might want to visit that post, add you vote, and add a comment about including commissions in the report.

(2) In the meantime, you can create a capital gains report in Quicken Mac by doing some gymnastics with the Tax Schedule report. The Tax Schedule report does include a section for capital gains, but it includes other information you may not want to sift through. To tweak a copy of the report into only one which shows gains, this post from a user gives step-by-step instructions.

Here's an alternate set of steps:
    • Open the Tax Schedule Report and select Edit
    • Set the time range you want
    • Click the Categories tab, and select Clear All. 
    • Scroll down and select Investments:Sell.
    • If you want to include long-term capital gains reported by any of your securities (e.g. not securities you sold, but a LT gain reported by a mutual fund), also check Investments:Long-Term Capital Gain.
    • Similarly, if you want to show capital gains which were reinvested, check Investments:Reinvest Long-Term Capital Gains
    • If you want to include any short-term capital gains, which will be listed separately as ordinary investment income, check Investments:Short-Term Capital Gains and Investments:Reinvest Short-Term Capital Gains
    • Click Save to name the report for use in the future.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993