Cannot connect to AMEX account

Is something going on that's preventing logins to AMEX?
I got this error several times when I got the card, but finally managed to connect once, then screwed up the account and had to re-enter it. Now I've been getting the error again ever since. Unfortunately, the error isn't helpful...

"Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

That's it. No error number or other information and completely unhelpful.
I know AMEX is supposed to be Direct Connect not Express Web, but I tried both and both give the same error.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Dezran

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Amex. The connection you have should work fine if you'd like to continue using it.

The Described behavior on the primary Amex connection can be caused by multiple things and likely would need to have logs looked at to figure out what is causing the issue, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    edited May 18
    Just FYI... I tried using the American Express Delta Sky Miles link in Quicken to register my accounts, and that worked for some weird reason.
    Crazy thing is, it worked fine through the main American Express link in Quicken once... Then never again...
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Dezran

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Amex. The connection you have should work fine if you'd like to continue using it.

The Described behavior on the primary Amex connection can be caused by multiple things and likely would need to have logs looked at to figure out what is causing the issue, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.