Quicken Crashes / Not Responding in Certain Account

I am running most recent Quicken Premier for Windows 10 (Version R32.12 / Build 27.1.32.12). My Quicken is frequently crashing or should I say "Not Responding" when I try to process transactions in my Checking account. The screen will continually flicker and resize itself slightly, but when I try to click and perform any functions on the screen, Quicken is Not Responsive. I have to go to Task Manager and close it down.

What is strange is Quicken will work fine if I initially go to another Account. This only happens with my main checking account, which is very frustrating. Once it happens, Quicken is no longer functional.

Often this happens after I've downloaded transactions from my Chase checking account. The transactions appear in the lower half of the Account Register, but when I try to Accept them and clear them, Quicken crashes and is no longer responsive.

I've also found that if I let Quicken be non-responsive for several minutes and work on other programs on my PC, it eventually will let me process the transactions. But that is very inconsistent.

Any idea how to fix this? I've been a Quicken user since 1994 and this is extremely frustrating.

Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @MattBl

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing performance issues. I'm wondering here what could be causing the issue. Have you been having the issue for quite a while or is it a recent issue?  To start troubleshooting here we can try a mondo patch to see if we're able correct some of the behavior you're seeing. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• MattBl
    MattBl Member
    Thanks. I will try this Update and Mondo Patch and let you know how it goes. I've been having the issue for a couple months now, but it has gotten progressively worse. I used to be able to shut down Quicken via Task Manager and re-open Quicken and it would work. Now that doesn't work as frequently.