Capital One on Windows is having unending authorization issues

About two weeks ago, Capital One started needing to re-link accounts 3 - 5 times each time I updated transactions or synchronized with my mobile device. After 4 or 5 days of this behavior, I removed the banking name from all of the Capital One accounts, broke the link in Capital One, waited 24 hours then tried to use the quicken download to re-establish the link. I am still needing to reauthorize several times with every download - even if only hours apart.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    My Capitol One credit card uses a year or two old download interface, Express Web Connect+.

For this to work, some time ago there was a procedure that you had to go through with linking third party apps like Quicken to your CapOne account. There used to be a webpage with instructions, but I can't find it right now.
    In a nutshell, one would logon to the website, select the Security page (click your avatar, then Security) and choose to add an app. You would then have 10 minutes to run OSU or Update Now from Quicken on your desktop/laptop. When done, and before the 10 minutes are up, switch back to bank Security webpage to confirm the action. Done.

If you're having problems with this, talk to CapOne Support. They should be able to talk you thru the process and get you set up.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 19
    Hello @Frustrated_User,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, when you reactivated the accounts; did you do so through Set Up Now (found in the Online Services tab) or through Add Account?

To start with, if you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue again and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    My Capitol One credit card uses a year or two old download interface, Express Web Connect+.

For this to work, some time ago there was a procedure that you had to go through with linking third party apps like Quicken to your CapOne account. There used to be a webpage with instructions, but I can't find it right now.
    In a nutshell, one would logon to the website, select the Security page (click your avatar, then Security) and choose to add an app. You would then have 10 minutes to run OSU or Update Now from Quicken on your desktop/laptop. When done, and before the 10 minutes are up, switch back to bank Security webpage to confirm the action. Done.

If you're having problems with this, talk to CapOne Support. They should be able to talk you thru the process and get you set up.
This discussion has been closed.