EllisGJ Member ✭✭
    June 28; still getting pop-up.
  • Kale
    Kale Member
    I get this popup message every time I do an update. Please fix
  • fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28
    Instead of continuing to post these "unhelpful notices": "[removed - rant/unhelpful], [removed - disruptive/unhelpful]"...

Fix the problem. We're going on two months now.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Any idea when the pop-up notice regarding Wells Fargo discontinuing bank mail will be removed.  The check box to never show this message again, does not work and never has.  It is really annoying to have to dismiss this pop-up every time I do a one step update.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I also see that the Quicken Online Center for Wells Fargo would need to be re-written as it still contains the E-mail tab to support online messaging that has been discontinued. That's probably what's taking so long to solve the popup issue.

---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Philip107 said:
    I also see that the Quicken Online Center for Wells Fargo would need to be re-written as it still contains the E-mail tab to support online messaging that has been discontinued. That's probably what's taking so long to solve the popup issue.
    There is nothing that has to be "re-written" (no code changed).  What does seem to be wrong is the information sent that tells Quicken what is supported.

If you look at other financial institutions you will see the tabs vary depending on what services they support.

I suspect that this information is actually provided by Intuit, but it might come directly from the financial institution.  In either case Quicken Inc/Intuit/Wells Fargo need to get together and figure out how update this configuration information.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RLSJR
    RLSJR Member ✭✭
    Hi folks. I wouldn't count on Quicken fixing this. I had a very similar issue over 5 years ago. The checkbox did nothing. Here (unfortunately) is how to get back to normal.

For EACH Wells Fargo account (have to do it for all of them; checking, savings, etc.) -

1. Select the account.
    2. Click the gear icon in the upper right and select "Edit account details..."
    3. Select the Online Services tab.
    4. If Bank Bill Pay (Online Bill Pay) is activated/enabled, click the link to deactivate it (you won't lose data). Disable/de-activate this BEFORE deactivating general online setup.
    5. Click the button to deactivate the online connection ("Online Setup" section above bill pay).
    6. Click the button to activate the online connection ("Online Setup"), providing the appropriate credentials and then selecting the appropriate account to link.
    7. If previously enabled, Online Bill Pay should automatically "re-activate".

After doing that to each Wells Fargo account, close and re-start Quicken then execute a one-step update. The above worked perfectly for me; no more popup. If you wish, you can de-activate all WF connections before re-activating them, but that was not required for me (two accounts connected).

You should now no longer receive the popup. Good luck.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    dnag said:
    this! seriously, what's the deal with this message? I check the "don't display again" box - it won't go away.

I strongly suspect that WF is sending the message repeatedly ... so Q doesn't know that it's a  repeat.  It looks like a new message to  Q... which is why "don't display again"  doesn't  work, because to Q it's a new message each time.
    BUG Wells,  they're the cause of this.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • franks59
    franks59 Member
    Wells Fargo Pop-Up Message Fix.
    I had this problem some time ago and was told at the time to do the following:
    1) Go to Edit/Preferences
    2) On the left, click Alert and Messages
    3) On the right, in the middle where it says Warnings, click the Reset Quicken Warnings.
    4) Restart Quicken and try updating Wells Fargo.

It worked for me.
  • franks59
    franks59 Member
    ...but you'll have to respond to some alerts you may have responded to in the past such as Change Password and Successfully Backed Up.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    franks59 said:
    Wells Fargo Pop-Up Message Fix.
    I had this problem some time ago and was told at the time to do the following:
    1) Go to Edit/Preferences
    2) On the left, click Alert and Messages
    3) On the right, in the middle where it says Warnings, click the Reset Quicken Warnings.
    4) Restart Quicken and try updating Wells Fargo.

It worked for me.
    That appears to have worked for me as well. thanks.

The Preferences setting even mentions the checkbox that wasn't working. Easy fix, where was Quicken Help to guide us there.

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    2 days and no popup, thanks "quicken franks59" for the solution
  • Frank O'Neil
    Frank O'Neil Member ✭✭
    Hats off to Frank59. Works a bit different for Mac. There is no Preference command to delete Alerts but you can go to each Wells account, choose alerts from the menu bar and then delete all the alerts. That’s fixed the issue for me.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1
    Well, Sorry to say the Presences Alert Setting didn't fix it after all. The pop-up is back again this morning. 

Edit entry.....
    I just checked with running OSU a second time and the pop-up didn't appear. I think it only happens once per day so if you try to fix it you have to wait a day before you'll know if it worked. At least in my case that seems to be true.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    you are correct, the popup is back again. I guess we will have to wait for a quicken fix, whenever it comes.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's back for me too. It's good in a way, I had forgotten that Bank Mail was no longer supported. 🤪
  • dnag
    dnag Member ✭✭
    oh, my goodness...... it's July 2 and this is still happening (and there was even an update to Q a week ago) - what is going on!!! help!!! make it stop!!!!!
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > Yep, back again.
    >
    > And I got a similar message that Wells will be discontinuing secure messages from the phone app and web site as of July 13th. No alternative "it appears" but to call. Which I dread. Something going on. Too much to end that has to be used by customers.

This Quicken pop-up is a (minor) annoyance that Quicken needs to fix (and should be able to very quickly?), but if secure messages are going away on wellsfargo.com also - well, that is more annoying. I didn't even know about the messaging capability in Quicken for Wells Fargo - of course now I do, after being reminded on a daily basis :) - but I dread having to call a Wells Fargo call center in some foreign country on those rare cases I need to contact the bank. Yech.
    Quicken for Windows subscription. Quicken user since 1990.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    @GermanBlueRam Don't worry about having to call, WF has a very good secure email page on their web site, and they are responsive getting back to you. Most things can be handled like that, and it's very convenient. You shouldn't have much need to call them.
  • cpatlong
    cpatlong Member
    This is July 3 and I'm still getting the message too. Any chance someone might fix this before Armageddon?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Don Awalt said:
    @GermanBlueRam Don't worry about having to call, WF has a very good secure email page on their web site, and they are responsive getting back to you. Most things can be handled like that, and it's very convenient. You shouldn't have much need to call them.
    They are discontinuing that as well, Don. I did call them. This month if I recall.

In bank or on phone. That will be it.
  • Michael 34
    Michael 34 Member ✭✭
    I first encountered this problem in November 14, 2019. It began as a bank mail message from Wells Fargo. I spoke with Quicken and Wells Fargo support dozens of times. Quicken told me they could not fix it and Wells Fargo said that it was not their problem. Since November 14, 2019, every time I did an update, I received another notice that I had a message from Wells Fargo. The message is the very first message they sent to me and they have been resending it to me on every update since November 14, 2019. I have gotten thousands of the identical message. When Wells Fargo announced that they would no longer support bank mail, I expected the messages to go away, but now I get the original message and the dialog box about Wells Fargo no longer supporting bank mail.

Two weeks ago, I opened up a new bank account with a new bank and connected using Quicken Direct Connect. It worked flawlessly. Then I sent the new bank a change of address. They confirmed the change of address by sending me a message through their bank mail system. Ever since I got that first message from them, any time I do an update, I get the acknowledgement message from the new bank identical to what has been happening to me for years with Wells Fargo. I am swimming in acknowledgement messages. I changed the connection with this bank to Quicken connect (because I do not use bill pay with them) and I no longer get their message.

My experience is that the message does not occur with Quicken Connect, it only appears when using Quicken Direct Connect. You can try this by opening the bank account page, go to settings in the lower right corner, disconnect Direct Connect and re-connect using Quicken Connect. If you have multiple Wells Fargo accounts, you have to do this for all of your accounts because it only takes one of the accounts to be on Direct Connect and you will continue to get the message. So, change all of the banks accounts to Quicken Connect, do an update and the message will be gone.

It seems to me that the problem is with Quicken Direct Connect. To my knowledge, Quicken Connect is only for downloads and updates so you cannot use bill pay with quicken connect. Quicken needs to figure out why the messages go away with Quicken Connect and not with Quicken Direct Connect; or, provide the bill pay function within Quicken Connect.
  • dnag
    dnag Member ✭✭
    SUCUCESS!! (at least for me!):
    top menu:
    Edit > Preferences > Alert & Messages (tab) : Press the "Resent Quicken Warnings" Button

I did get 1 or 2 old messages on the next download - but once I cleared those - no more messages!
  • James Hohlfeld
    James Hohlfeld Member
    Michael34, thank you so much for this simple solution! I had a slightly different experience, in that I only needed to change the connection method for my primary account. All the others (checking and savings) fell into line automatically.

Always skeptical, I closed everything and restarted my laptop. Opened Quicken and ran the usual update. I had already updated all accounts today, so there was no new data, but also no annoying message about WFB Bank Mail.

Fingers crossed, I eagerly await tomorrow's results!

Thanks again
  • Michael 34
    Michael 34 Member ✭✭
    James, remember that bill pay will not work if you have your account on Quicken Connect. You need to make sure that you are using Direct Connect. Go check that to be sure you are using Direct Connect. I tried WF with Direct Connect this morning and the Wells Fargo dialog box was gone. I continue to get my bank mail messages from 2019, but perhaps Quicken has gotten the WF dialog box fixed.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    I got the popup this morning, "again" using direct connect.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I’m still getting it as well. It’s not corrected until Quicken updates it’s software either the server side stuff or the client. We’ll all see it disappear when that happens. 
  • EdKagan
    EdKagan Member ✭✭
    Quicken is working fine for me now. Given all of the issues that people are raising, I'm happy with just a stupid pop-up message every now and then and I'm going to stop trying to get rid of it.
  • Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭
    Important Notice from Wells Fargo Bank user - REALLY TIRED of seeing the WF popup message every time I update. Fix this! Why is it so hard to make "don't show again" do what it says??
This discussion has been closed.