Cannot resize Account Bar in Quicken 2021

Hello folks,

I just installed Quicken Deluxe 2021 and now cannot resize the Account Bar. Mousing over the border does not display the double arrows resulting in the width of the Account Bar being unchangeable. This feature worked in previous editions, including 2020.

Details are as follows:
Quicken Deluxe
Version: R33.19
Build: 27.1.33.19

Windows 10 Pro
Version: 20H2
OS Build: 19042.985

Display: 2880 x 1800
Text scaling: 100%

This creates a problem if the Text scaling factor is higher, for instance at 300% the Account names are truncated and the the amounts hidden.

An existing problem from previous releases that is still present is that if the Text scaling factor is higher, nominally 300%, then the overall application display is broken. The Menu line is partially obscured by the Toolbar line and bottom of the Search bar (in the top right corner) is partially obscured by some frame. None of the documented work-arounds resolve the problems.

I've lived with the second problem for a couple of releases now but the inability to resize the Account Bar in the latest release makes it unusable at any scaling other than 100%.

Is this a known issue, is there a work-around and can it be fixed?

Thanks,

/human
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @2frustrated,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try overriding the scaling for Quicken by following the steps below. Please, make sure Quicken is not open and running while performing these steps.
    1. Right-click the Quicken icon on your desktop and select Open file location.
    2. Right-click the qw.exe file and select Properties.
    3. Select the Compatibility tab.
    4. Click Change high DPI settings.
    5. Check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior and set the Scaling performed by to Application.
    6. Click OK.
    You can also try changing other settings in the Compatibility tab:

Before attempting these steps, be sure to make note of the settings you currently have selected. 

While in the Compatibility tab mentioned in the steps above, try unchecking all the boxes. If this doesn't resolve the issue, click the Change high DPI settings button and uncheck the boxes on that screen. 

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19
    It is still possible to resize the account bar, but it has recently become much more difficult. It seems that the activation area for resizing has been reduced to one single pixel in width. If you have a mouse driver which allows increased precision, try enabling that. I'm at 125% scaling and can manage to get the double arrow.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Works for me at 100% scaling, though as RJS states, it is a very narrow line that you have to find:

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried 100% to 200% on my display and really didn't notice any difference in my ability to resize it.  Yes it is small, but I was certainly able to do it.  Note like @Rocket J Squirrel mentioned I do have my mouse set for increased percision.

I will state one thing about these specs.
    Display: 2880 x 1800
    Text scaling: 300%

This violates Quicken's minimum display specs.
    The spec is 1024x768 with normal fonts (not Large Fonts), and 100% Windows scaling.

That means at 300% you need a minimum resolution of  3072x2304.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/