whenever Q syncs it asks me multiple times to ADD a long closed and hidden account. Fixes?

whenever Q syncs it asks me multiple times to ADD a long closed and hidden account.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jim Heald

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. You will need to deactivate the account in question and ensure that the financial institution field in settings has been cleared. Details steps for this are located below.

Confirm that you have Deactivated all online services with all accounts held at that Bank.

1. Use Ctrl + A to bring up the Accounts List.
    2. View Hidden Accounts by selecting the Hidden Accounts check box in the lower-left corner of the Accounts List window.
    3. Make sure the Online ServicesTransaction Download, and/or Online Payment fields are NO or DEACTIVATED for the desired account(s).

Edit the Deactivated account(s) to remove the Bank name.

1. Click on the account displayed on the Accounts List.
    2. Choose the Edit Details button on the account.
    3. Clear the Financial Institution field on the right side of the window.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Repeat, as necessary, for each Deactivated/Disabled account for that Bank.
    6. Confirm that the Bank name no longer appears in the One Step Update Settings window.
    Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jim Heald
    Jim Heald Member
    Before I got your response, I simply deleted the account. It's very old and I can always retrieve from a backup file if ever needed. But why would Quicken do this with one account out of all the closed and deactivated accounts in our file?