Wells Fargo

Hello

I have been a quicken user for decades. I am having the current problem.
1. I am not having any problems connecting to any financial institution but Wells Fargo in my setup.
2. When I connect to Wells fargo, I get the following messages in the log.
a. ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67186431
Your connection to the server was lost. Try again now, or wait and try later.
QFN: End send to https://ofxdc.wellsfargo.com/ofx/process.ofx, netstatus 36

At the time I am attempting to submit a payment and download any transactions. My check register shows the payment in a send state. Wells fargo shows the payment scheduled.

The online session status shows a failed transaction.

I did a wireshark recording of the raw communication session. The transaction did go through and Wells fargo properly signed off. I have the wireshark file available for analysis.
3. I have transactions showing for wells Fargo ready to send but it never send them. I have transaction for my credit cards and saving that never get downloaded.
4. Wells Fargo shows no problem with my account.

Any thoughts.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Rasm

Thank you for visiting the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.
     In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Rasm

Thank you for visiting the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.
     In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rassm
    rassm Member
    This did not resolve the problem. I first verified the PC disk and found no errors. I did the procedure that you suggested. The file validation never completes. I did let it run all day. Windows 10 with the latest updates says the quicken premier program becomes non responsive but the CPU churns. I reviewed the disk logs and rechecked for errors. There is none. I restarted quicken with a copy of the original 426mb file. I was able to download from Fidelity Investments.

I created a blank quicken file and reregistered with Wells Fargo (WF). I did another wireshark trace. The missing transactions came down as expected. The wireshark transaction confirms the transactions between my computer and WF operated normally. This says that my PC, the internet link are functioning correctly. I am happy to share the wireshark file with you.

The original quicken file is 426mb which I am told by your technical support is a large file but not at the limit of quicken premier program. I suspect I am hitting an internal quicken bug. How do I get to level 2 support. Level 1 is baffled.
  • rassm
    rassm Member
    I read a couple of threads. I have seen the anti malware cpu spike. I repeated the test with anti malware turned off. It made no difference
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @rassm

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Wells Fargo account. I'm wondering here if you might be having some authentication issues. It sounds like this is primarily effecting your bill pay capabilities using direct connect as well. One thing we can attempt here to see if it might help is resetting the connection to Wells Fargo

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts. Additoanlly you'll want to make sure you select direct connect as well when setting up the account. You can do so by clicking the "advanced options box at the bottom of the sign in screen. 

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• rassm
    rassm Member
    Hello

Both Wells Fargo, your quicken team and the Wireshark trace tells me that I am not having trouble logging in. As I said earlier, I can connect to other financial institutions with no issue.

Deactivation is not an option because I will loose all of my send in bill pay. I am having more and more data where this looks like a program performance issue. Level 1 is baffled. How do I get to Level 2 support