15 Character Limit on Password Problem (Comenity Credit Card)

I don't know if this is just an issue for Comenity, but Quicken Mac will not allow me to enter my 20-character password which is what I have on their site. Most auto-generated secure passwords (such as Safari) are 20 characters.

The auto-populate won't work because of this limitation, neither will cut n'paste and obviously I can't type it in manually. 

Any workaround for this?

Best Answer

• Zoolook
    Zoolook Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    UKR said:
    AFAIK, the OFX/QFX transaction download protocol limits passwords to 16 characters or less. The bank, in its profile with Intuit, establishes password rules regarding min. and max. length, special characters, case sensitivity, etc. When making changes to their websites regarding password rules, the bank must not forget to update their profile with Intuit.
    Meanwhile, I'm afraid, you'll have to stick to 15 or 16 characters max.
    This is not correct - all of my accounts have 20 characters passwords. As I mentioned to Jacobs, this seems to be a Comenity issue only.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, the OFX/QFX transaction download protocol limits passwords to 16 characters or less. The bank, in its profile with Intuit, establishes password rules regarding min. and max. length, special characters, case sensitivity, etc. When making changes to their websites regarding password rules, the bank must not forget to update their profile with Intuit.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The OFX specification allows for 32-character passwords. ("The maximum clear text length of USERPASS is 32 characters.") Each financial institution can define the minimum and maximum length allowed for each type of account. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Zoolook
    Zoolook Member ✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    The OFX specification allows for 32-character passwords. ("The maximum clear text length of USERPASS is 32 characters.") Each financial institution can define the minimum and maximum length allowed for each type of account. 
    It seems unique to Comenity (other passwords in my Quicken are longer than 15 characters).
  • Zoolook
    Zoolook Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    UKR said:
    This is not correct - all of my accounts have 20 characters passwords. As I mentioned to Jacobs, this seems to be a Comenity issue only.