HSBC Canada download issue with Chrome

Whenever I try to download transaction on my HSBC bank account with Chrome browser, no file is downloaded. It works for downloading MasterCard transaction. I must use IE instead of Chrome. It has been working fine in the past.

Answers

• Studpup
    Studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Let's just reset the options in Chrome.
    Go to chrome://settings/downloads and look for the "Open certain file types automatically after downloading" and click Clear.

Browse to your bank, choose manually download transactions as QFX file, or whatever the option is
    In the lower left hand corner, you'll see it download the AccountHistory.QFX, and there will be an carat next to it. Make sure the file says .QFX at the end.
     Click on the carat and choose Always Open files of this type. Click the carat again and choose Open. In a few seconds, quicken should start (if not started already) and import your transactions.

I'm not a quicken employee, just trying to be a helpful pup!
  • Eric_c
    Eric_c Member
    Hi,
    Unfortunatly I don't have the option with the latest Chrome to clear "Open certain file types automatically after downloading" as you advised.
    I browse internet and It appears that this option could be hidden but I didn't find the way to have it back.
  • Studpup
    I get this on my chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

So when you try and download transactions, what happens?
  • Eric_c
    Eric_c Member
    Hi,
    I don't have the option to clear even with the latest Google Chrome. See picture attached.

De-installed Chrome because it was unable to update to the latest et re-installed it.
    At first try I was able to download a bank account but 2 minutes after I was again unable to download MasterCard account. On the top left corner a small windows appears and disapears and nothing is downloaded. Few minutes after, I was again able to download this account. On HSBC I can choose Excel ou Quicken download format and either choice gives the same result. Most of the time I must use Windows Edge to complete my downloads.
  • Studpup
    When you click the settings dots, does the bottom say "Managed by your organization"?
    Image result for chrome managed by your organization