Quicken (WIN) closes down after downloading transactions

When downloading QFX transactions from financial institution, i.e. Synchrony - Sam's Mastercard - the transactions will download but then closes Quicken.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you downloading from the bank? Using One Step Update or "Update Now"?
    Or are you logging on to the bank's website and download a QFX file, to import into Quicken?
    In the latter case, check to make sure that option "Keep Quicken open after webconnect completes" in Edit / Preferences / Webconnect is enabled (has a checkmark).
  • Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    I use One Step. Looks like you hit the issue as the "Keep...." was unchecked for some reason. Thank you for your help. Cheers, Ken
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Pirkl said:
    I use One Step. Looks like you hit the issue as the "Keep...." was unchecked for some reason. Thank you for your help. Cheers, Ken

If you use OSU to download transactions, then the Web Connect - file import option doesn't come into play.
    Please explain in more detail what's happening.
  • Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    I have to manually export the Synchrony Sam's Mastercard. The Web connect does not seem to function with them.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Pirkl said:
    I have to manually export the Synchrony Sam's Mastercard. The Web connect does not seem to function with them.

We seem to be talking two different languages here ...
    OSU is a process different from downloading transaction files from the bank's website. Depending on connection protocol in use, it's either referred to as Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.
    The process called Web Connect is used, as you pointed out, to manually download a file from the bank outside of OSU.
    And since you do use Web Connect to manually download a file, the "Keep Quicken open ..." option does indeed come into play.
    As to the problems with using OSU with your Sam's card ... have you searched the community for discussions and answers on that subject? I see quite a few discussions about Synchrony in general and Sam's specifically. Maybe that helps find a solution. If not, I recommend you contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation

• Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help. I will look more into it as you suggest.
  • amyjo
    amyjo Member
    My Starter Version of Quicken crashes after downloading transactions from all my financial institutions. My "Keep Quicken open after...." is checked! I get an automated message asking my approval to send error report (which I do). I keep sending error reports,,, Perhaps it is of note that I downgraded from the Deluxe version on June 1. What is going on? Also, please note that if I have Quicken closed when I am downloading, the transactions are updated when I open Quicken. However, it is cumbersome to close/open/close/open Quicken when I am downloading transactions from multiple accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @amyjo You have a different problem than the one discussed in this thread.  I suggest you select "Ask a Question" above and use it to start a discussion about what you might do to solve that problem.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • amyjo
    amyjo Member
    Thank you for your suggestion. I posted in "Ask a Question"...