Totally messed up check matches (Downloaded ID problems) - How to fix?

The last two months of checks I've written are way out of kilter. Part of the problem stemmed from the fact that I changed printers and it takes checks in reverse order. I didn't catch the issue until a few weeks ago so batches of checks were reversed on the numbers. This has caused numerous issues where Quicken matched my bank downloads incorrectly. So now there are transactions with a DOWNLOADED ID that I cannot match manually to correct it. For example, if I had check # 1001 for $50 and it was actually check #1005, I can't manually match the downloaded 1005 to the 1001 check even if I change the check number. I think I could if I could manually delete the Downloaded ID but for that check but the field is grayed out.

What's the best way to clean up this mess?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Correct the check numbers is your Q account???
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Marketing Guru
    Marketing Guru Member ✭✭
    I tried to do that. Of course I can change the check number and cleared status (to uncleared) but it won't let me do a manual match to the correct downloaded transaction. (I do not sync my accounts with Quicken web.)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ Marketing Guru

Thank you for visiting the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you have not done so already, I would try to deactivate and reactivate the account to see if this allows you to manually match the transaction in question.

To see steps on deactivating and reactivating please see the information available here. Please let us know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~