Bill Reminders have Stopped Automtically Entering

There are several discussion about this, but it s STILL broken. This worked for years.
Bill and Income Reminders shows reminders that should have automatically entered weeks ago.
R32.12 27.1..32.12

Answers

• There should be a button on the list to just enter the Reminder. This is a major convenience of Quicken, which instead has become an annoying inconvenience.
  • Actually, I now find NO WAY to get the reminder to enter. I have one set to enter 45 days in advance, dated Jun 8. It is sitting in the list, and I cannot get it to enter into the registry. Hitting Edit and Done NO LONGER WORKS.
  • OK. Double-clicking on the reminder gives a screen with an Enter button.. So now, something which used to happen automatically with no clicks, requires a click to bring up the list, a double-click on each transaction, and Enter on each transaction.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please note that the Community isn't a Chat system. Other Community users or Quicken personnel will answer your question when they see it and know how to answer it.

As to Auto-Enter reminders with a long "Enter [xx] days before due date" ... if you just added this reminder and it's due less than [xx] days into the future, it may not auto-enter until you restart Quicken. Monthly reminders may have issues when [xx] is greater than 28 days. Quicken does not appear to like it when a new iteration comes due before the current one executes.
    If you have Auto-Enter reminders which actually executed, but sit around with a status of Done ... the following procedure may clean them up:

• Thank you for the clarification, and suggestion:
    Last month, several reminders did not automatically enter, even though they were past their date (after sitting in the list, apparently, for over 45 or 60 days; I never had to pay attention to the list, in the past), and the PC had been restarted approximately weekly (meaning the Quicken had also been restarted).
  • BerylS
    BerylS Member ✭✭
    I also just discovered auto enter bill and income transactions stopped auto entering. I believe this began happening in June. This has been working properly for years. Each transaction had the auto in red indicating it did not enter. I could click on them and enter them manually. and is anyone working Did one of the last updates break this and is anyone working to fix it?
  • BerylS
    BerylS Member ✭✭
    Sorry in my last post i should have noted Version R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24
  • RustyE
    RustyE Member
    Yes, the new Bill Manager is a complete disappointment. Bill Pay worked great for decades...
    I wish there was an option to still use Bill Pay functions for AUTO payments. (Quicken retrieves bill amount; Quicken enters and pays amount according to setting Full balance or minimum payment)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Crashes or killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• BerylS
    BerylS Member ✭✭
    Data file is fine, quicken latest version, didn't and doesn't crash. Just stopped entering auto bills during June
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BerylS said:
    Data file is fine, quicken latest version, didn't and doesn't crash. Just stopped entering auto bills during June

The file validation procedure, as outlined in Troubleshooting 101, should have repaired any broken reminders.
    Have you run it? And after that, the reminders are still broken?
    In that case I need to ask you to capture an image snapshot of the reminders view which shows these stuck reminders. Be sure to include the number of days value in "Auto-enter [xx] days before due date" and the frequency (Monthly, etc.)

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• BerylS
    BerylS Member ✭✭
    Sorry all of the past due auto entries were "force entered" so there are none left on the screed at this point. We will see what happens next month I guess.
  • NatR
    NatR Member
    I'm having the same problem on Version R34.16, Build 27.1.34.16. None of the help listed by Quicken works. Is there a solution yet?