Schwab Bank no longer accepts Quicken Check Pay checks

I had four checks recently returned by Schwab Bank.  The customer rep says that Schwab no longer accepts "Signature on File" checks from services like Quicken because the cost of fraud has gone up.  All checks, except those issued by Schwab's own bill-pay service, must have a personal signature. 

Almost all of the 15 - 20 bills I pay each month were done with Check Pay. The payees are either small businesses and local governments, large businesses not supported by Bill Pay (e.g. State Farm, Sutter Health, Stanford Hospital), or I can't schedule the payment in the future due to a sporadic but recurring bug (e.g. Chase).

I see that the Quicken checks say "safechecks.com" and "This check is protected by Payee Positive Pay RDP", both of which claim to greatly reduce fraud. It would be great if Quicken could work with Schwab to come up with a satisfactory solution.  

The alternatives are quite unsatisfactory: I can get a checking account at another bank, but that has the hassle of requiring 2-3 day transfers from my investment accounts at Schwab.  (Schwab doesn't support Zelle.) Or I can use Schwab's bill-pay service, but that only downloads checks into Quicken once they have cleared days or weeks later, and the downloaded checks don't have the payees. Or I can go back to the 20th century and write paper checks and put them in the US mail.