Categories not auto populating

I assume it's me but I'll ask. I have followed all of the directions in other threads. I have lots of payee's each month. I have reviewed them in the memorized payee list and all have a category attached to them. When I go into the register, pick that Payee say "Denver Water" no category is populated, this is new over the past several months and I've used Quicken for over 10 years. In my memorized list it is saved as category "Utilities". This is the case for all of my payees, no category is auto populated. Is the file corrupt??
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I follow ... Are you trying to manually create a new register transaction based on an entry in the MPL? Or is there an issue with Quicken not using MPL entries when automatically accepting downloaded transactions and creating new register transactions from it?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?   US, Canadian or other country version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

• DenverPatzfan
    DenverPatzfan Member
    Here’s the scenario.

• I get my monthly bill from my utility that provides me water “ Denver Water”

• I go into Quicken and click on “make online payment” below the check register

• I click on payees and chose Denver Water, which is saved as a memorized payee and categorized as “Utility”

• The register fills with Denver Water but no info is populated under category.

I am on an annual subscription in the US with Quicken using version 33.24
  • DenverPatzfan
    DenverPatzfan Member
    Quicken Deluxe
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @DenverPatzfan

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the "Make Online Payment" screen showing the category, as well as a screenshot of the category missing from the register? To capture screenshots I would recommend the Snipping Tool.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~