How to enable Direct Connect for Interactive Brokers - sent Token and Query ID

DPW
DPW Member
Hello, I have obtained a Token and Query ID from Interactive Brokers for Quicken Direct Connect, but have been unable to find how to use that within Quicken Premier to finalize the connection (have searched Quicken Support and find instructions only for Web Connect).

Thanks,
David
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Hello @DPW,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To sign in using the Query ID and Token or Direct Connect with Interactive Brokers LLC, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Tools > Add Account...
    2. Type in Interactive Brokers LLC in the search field
    3. Select Interactive Brokers LLC from the list and click Advanced Options (see below)
    4. On the next screen you will be asked to choose between Simple investing and Complete investing; once you've made your choice, click Next 
    5. Choose Direct Connect and click Next
    6. Sign in using the Query ID and Token provided by the financial institution (see below)

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jhanson
    jhanson Member ✭✭
    I've been trying this for several weeks and it says something went wrong (its not your fault) try again later. Will this be fixed?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jhanson

Thank you for letting us know you're having difficulties. I was taking a look and was wondering if you've checked to see if you've enabled third party support on interactive brokers website. I was looking it does seem to be something that needs to be activated prior to letting Quicken download transactions.

If you have already done this please let us know so we can take a deeper look at what could be causing the issue you're having.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco 
This discussion has been closed.