Issues with Online Billers

My biggest and most prevalent issues with Quicken is Online Billers, and I have different issues with each of them.

I do open topics on individual billers and sometimes Quicken Mods assist and take interest, which is greatly appreciated. I do report issues through the Quicken App but never hear a reply or see a fix.

I expect this topic will either be welcomed by the mods as a central place where we can mention issues with Online Billers ONLY, or perhaps be removed. I have suggested such a topic before but no comment I can recall. And so many of these biller issues never seem to make it to Known Issues.

So let me start:

1. Chase Credit Cards

Will show as locked out often. Every several days. Retrying and entering credentials and 2 step authorization gets it working again. Then it WILL download bills. Until the next time.

There is a topic for this, and a handful of afflicted users are posting there.

2. BlueCross / BlueShield of California

Has not updated a due bill since December 2020. I understand it has been reported to Quicken Support, but no changes. This biller shows no errors, grabs no bills

3. AARP Insurance

Grabs no bills. Shows no errors.

4. The Hartford Insurance.

CONSTANTLY shows as locked out, but not locked on phone app nor browsers. I reenter credentials and 2 step authorization ad infinitum with no change. Never shows other than "account locked".

I intend to call The Hartford but as many know, always difficult to find a support person with any knowledge of quicken at billers.

Those are mine with "current" issues. There have been others, they have been fixed. I would love to see these get a bit more attention.

Tagged:

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob, you're singing my song.
    Add to you list:
    State Farm Insurance, ongoing download issues for over a year. No resolution or update.
    Unisource Energy, ongoing download issue, gets fixed, then fails. Tech support tells users to get Unisource to fix the issue. 
    Sparklight (cable provider), gets fixed, then fails.
    Verizon Wireless, I have a bill due June 11, Quicken will not fetch and show using "Update All" or using the refresh drop down tab.
    It goes on and on every month. Every issue had been reported here or discussed with "tech support"
    There's more billers, they change frequently. I have 23 billers and one or more fail every month. 
    I'm game if there is anything we can constructively do to support improvement with this feature. For me, 
    it is one of the most useful features. Otherwise, the software pretty well does the job. 
    Clay
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying. We can hope this topic has positive benefit for us all.

I think I should mention that I think Quicken and I have the same goals. I would love to tell friends and business associates:

Quicken is amazing and something you should have along with a browser and word processor. And yes its complex and has a learning curve, but worth it. And like any complex program, things occasionally find glitches. But when it does, support is all over it. 5 stars.

But I cannot yet as these issues are so ongoing. 3.5 stars.

I hope to be able to change that. Point is, this has been written with everyone's best interests in mind and I hope it is taken that way.
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Well said, Bob. I totally agree with your comments and would like to add the following online billers to Quicken's perpetual glitch list... City of San Marcos Utilities (reported over a year ago) and Sam's Club Personal Credit Card (more recent but unresolved as of today's date.)
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    All of my above list still failing and now Wells Fargo credit card is at least a week overdue from when it should have been grabbed by Quicken. Wells, Chase validate. The others are in a TEST account and grab nothing still.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    As of today 6/14 I am completely LOCKED OUT of Verizon Wireless & still cannot get Chase to play nice (have to provide complete I.D. info, repeatedly).
    I contacted tech support on Verizon and got the following reply: 

Hello,

Verizon Wireless requires a ID verification code to sync. We updated some things so the ID code should be prompted with it being sent to the contact info Verizon Wireless has on file for you. Please attempt to add the biller once more. If you need further assistance please contact us at our support center: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Thank you

Quicken Support

Regards,
    Quicken Customer Care

Nothing changed, still locked out. 

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    When this has happened to me, I unlink from the reminder if there is one, then delete the online biller. Not sure if it makes any difference from deleting from the Online Bills page or from Validate. Then to be sure, close and reopen Quicken and add the Online Bill again. Should work then. Should.....
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, but thanks Bob,  been there, done that (numerous times) It did work with other billers though.  I have been out for the past 10 days. Just re-established the Chase account tonight and will see if it holds thru tomorrow. The Verizon issue I discussed with support (again) today. Same story, they'll send an email to the next level up and explain... Not holding my breath. Will post if anything positive. 

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    When you're trying to add the Verizon Wireless billing DO NOT select the Verizon Wireless from the list. Just select the Verizon. For some reason, Verizon Wireless will try to get a verification code [by the means of your choice]. But will immediately give an error that they couldn't connect, blah, blah).

Let me know if this worked for you (too).
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Robert Armani
    Thanks for the suggestion Robert. A little further clarification, if you will. I don't have an option for just
    "Verizon".  Were you referring to one of the other 3 listed below, or did you have other options?

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, it's the Verizon Residential. It works fine with Verizon Wireless.
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    Chase Card and Synchrony Bank "JC Penney" online billers are again locked out this AM. Validate Online billers shows no issue. Been reported numerous times using reporting tool and mentioning these same problems in other topics. v33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 WIN
    Chase problem is pretty well documented in this community, but the JC Penney one not so much. Problem seems to have started when Synchrony upgraded our card from a rewards card to a mastercard. I keep thinking that quicken is looking at the old account and website data. What's weird is both accounts which use express web connect have zero issues downloading data. Only the darn billers are broken.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post. Hopefully someone who can do something about these issues is reading this topic.

For me, Chase and The Hartford are locked out at least every other day or so. Never saw this issue before several months ago. So something changed, imho, that has not been corrected.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    AT&T mobile was due today and has not picked up a bill yet in Quicken :( Chase got so out of whack it broken the link to reminder and lost all history. It is not locking me out any longer but also in a state where it appears like it has been entered as an Online Biller for the first time. Still no Hartford, AARP or Blueshield bills coming in.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chase has been behaving again. No lockouts but might be because I almost had to reconstruct the online biller and link to reminder. It picked up the due bill properly today and the new pdf.

CIT has not picked up a new pdf in over 30 days if I recall.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Citi credit cards only show minimum due, no option to show total amount due.
    Verizon wireless remains locked out. I have been on calls with Quicken tech support, hate to say but the first line guys don't have a clue how this billing feature works. Have not been able to get it elevated to a higher lever. 
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's why I hate to call. 95% of the time I understand the product and issues better than at least first tier support. With any product.

I see that before I enter a bill (and sometimes after) that clicking the down arrow has a choice to set to minimum payment or full payment due on each of my credit cards. Works per company - I have two Chase and changing one changes the other. Check to see if you have the same gooddog50. I can do a screen shot perhaps if you need.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Thanks Bob, but there's no option for either/or.  (if I  understood you correctly  :)) All the other credit cards offer the option of total due or minimum payment.  
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I wonder if its because you have autopays? Did you check your Chase? Here is what I see....

Also, must have a balance above the minimum due to see this.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, just reread your posts. Others show it. So likely because the balance is not high enough to trigger, Or autopay. But glad the others are showing the option.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Good guess, but current balance due is over $4k. 
    Thanks for the good suggestions, BTW autopay has been used for months. Something else changed.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I tried :)

Maybe related that I have not seen an updated Citi pdf in a month and a half. Who knows.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Always appreciate a second set of eyes. I get lost in the fog..
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Updated to R34.16 and now ALL last payments in that column are blank. All gone.

So:
    No Last Payments
    No Blueshield bills
    No AARP Insurance bills
    No The Hartford Bills
    Appears to be an issue with AT&T Mobility bills
    No new .pdf from Citi Since May 13

Today's updated list :(
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Weekly update:

The above still all have issues AND it is "possible" I can add Xfinity to that. The monthly bill should have come in by now. Will wait a few days before trying to Refresh the Bill.

Add to it that I had to Refresh my utility bill to get that this month.

Something seems so broken.

No Last Payments
    No Blueshield bills
    No AARP Insurance bills
    No The Hartford Bills
    Appears to be an issue with AT&T Mobility bills - not updated 2 months
    No new .pdf from Citi Since May 13
    Xfinity bill late at best
    PA Utilities required Refresh to get

Will keep this updated.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Billers issues getting worse.

I am not getting new bills unless I wait until I suspect the bill is ready and Refresh Biller. Now with two billers for this month. All since the last R34.16 update.

But worse, when I went to Refresh my Wells Credit card, it wanted me to re-authenticate! When I tried it fails with Wrong Login or Password. Not true. I get all my accounts, just cannot re-authenticate the biller.

Tried adding Wells Credit Card to my "test" data file with same errors.

Able to login to Wells web site or phone app no issue.

This is getting so tiresome :(

(posting in several appropriate threads I have started)

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Wells issue corrected itself after many tries. Did not populate the Last payment column after entering, but could authenticate and get the bill. So that part of the issue has been remedied. I am confident that was a Wells and not Quicken issue.

My Xfinity bill required a refresh biller.

Have not been locked out by Chase in some time, but no new bill due for a few weeks so will see if that is really fixed.

Next bills due to come in in 4 or 5 days so I will see if they come in properly or require refreshing and post the results.

So for now AARP, Hartford, BlueShield and I suspect AT&T are not getting new bills with updates. No new pdf from Citi since May 13. Nothing in Last Payment column.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I do not know why this adds so many blank lines. I'll try to edit the post above.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Updates:

No AT&T Mobility bill in 2 or 3 months now.

Had to Refresh Biller for Xfinity second month in a row.

Still no Hartford, AARP or Blueshield in months.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Bob.
    Yeah, very little attention by the folks on this feature. I would rather they make the current system more robust than keep introducing new features. However, the information gathering feature may be out of their hands. 
    My Citi Visa biller had previously not shown both the "minimum" due and "total" due when a bill was fetched. It only reflected the minimum due. I called support multiple times. Even got to a supervisor that sympathised, and promised to return a call within two days at a specific time, not callback received. I reported multiple problems from the Help tab, and posted the situation here on this forum ( https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7895766/citi-visa-bills-income-problem-retrieving-correct-bill-info#latest ) with no resolution found. I would get emails back stating the problem has been corrected and it was not. 
    I then open accounts on alternative sites that do bill payments. One of them fetched the account biller correctly (min and total due), one reported the exact same incorrect information, no total balance due. So at that time I had my own bank BillPay correctly retrieving the Citi Visa biller info, plus an alternate site; and one other site reporting the exact same error as Quicken. So, I reported the issue on the "other" site and one week later, I started receiving an updated biller status showing both the minimum due and total balance due! Unfortunately, it was the running total of the biller to date instead of the balance due total on the monthly bill. I then tried to update the Citi biller on Quicken thru "Update All", and then using the Refresh bill in the dropdown tab, no joy. It would not update. So, I deleted the Citi biller and re-added it back in. After a couple of Update alls, and Refresh bills, it did indeed update and show a minimum due and total balance due. Guess what, the total balance due was approximately the current running balance of the account. Huh. Think I have a clue who Quicken uses to fetch the billing info. I won't bother reporting this in Quicken, I just reported it in the "other" site, since they appear to be the information source. 
    As mentioned previously in other discussions, this is just a feature that Quicken contracts the information from another source. Quicken cannot fix the problems, just report them or find an alternate source. Accurate alternate sources are out there, my bank's BillPay has been error free for almost 20 years running. I use them to retrieve and pay automatically almost all of my bills and so far have not missed one payment. 
    Hopefully, Quicken will contract with one of the more reliable sources and resolve this problem. 
    Good luck with your A T & T.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    gooddog50 . You know I sympathize.

What I want to know today is why an OSU or Update All Bills does nothing when I know I have a bill ready, but Refresh Bill works "most" of the time if a bill is really there. And why i was told at least once that Refresh Bill is not a good idea and could cause more issues?

My 4 "bad" bills - Hartford. AARP, BlueShield and AT&T are between aggregator and Quicken. I do not think Quicken is getting their feeds. But as you say, they should be doing something to fix that rather than new features. This is well over a year I am having Online Bills issues.

6 more to come this month. One maybe in the next day. Will see if any work at all.

And one more aside, I am unsure is ANY Online Bill is grabbed if there is a credit balance. Could be a separate issue.