Issues with Online Billers

My biggest and most prevalent issues with Quicken is Online Billers, and I have different issues with each of them.

I do open topics on individual billers and sometimes Quicken Mods assist and take interest, which is greatly appreciated. I do report issues through the Quicken App but never hear a reply or see a fix.

I expect this topic will either be welcomed by the mods as a central place where we can mention issues with Online Billers ONLY, or perhaps be removed. I have suggested such a topic before but no comment I can recall. And so many of these biller issues never seem to make it to Known Issues.

So let me start:

1. Chase Credit Cards

Will show as locked out often. Every several days. Retrying and entering credentials and 2 step authorization gets it working again. Then it WILL download bills. Until the next time.

There is a topic for this, and a handful of afflicted users are posting there.

2. BlueCross / BlueShield of California

Has not updated a due bill since December 2020. I understand it has been reported to Quicken Support, but no changes. This biller shows no errors, grabs no bills

3. AARP Insurance

Grabs no bills. Shows no errors.

4. The Hartford Insurance.

CONSTANTLY shows as locked out, but not locked on phone app nor browsers. I reenter credentials and 2 step authorization ad infinitum with no change. Never shows other than "account locked".

I intend to call The Hartford but as many know, always difficult to find a support person with any knowledge of quicken at billers.

Those are mine with "current" issues. There have been others, they have been fixed. I would love to see these get a bit more attention.

Tagged:

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob, you're singing my song.
    Add to you list:
    State Farm Insurance, ongoing download issues for over a year. No resolution or update.
    Unisource Energy, ongoing download issue, gets fixed, then fails. Tech support tells users to get Unisource to fix the issue. 
    Sparklight (cable provider), gets fixed, then fails.
    Verizon Wireless, I have a bill due June 11, Quicken will not fetch and show using "Update All" or using the refresh drop down tab.
    It goes on and on every month. Every issue had been reported here or discussed with "tech support"
    There's more billers, they change frequently. I have 23 billers and one or more fail every month. 
    I'm game if there is anything we can constructively do to support improvement with this feature. For me, 
    it is one of the most useful features. Otherwise, the software pretty well does the job. 
    Clay
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying. We can hope this topic has positive benefit for us all.

I think I should mention that I think Quicken and I have the same goals. I would love to tell friends and business associates:

Quicken is amazing and something you should have along with a browser and word processor. And yes its complex and has a learning curve, but worth it. And like any complex program, things occasionally find glitches. But when it does, support is all over it. 5 stars.

But I cannot yet as these issues are so ongoing. 3.5 stars.

I hope to be able to change that. Point is, this has been written with everyone's best interests in mind and I hope it is taken that way.
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Well said, Bob. I totally agree with your comments and would like to add the following online billers to Quicken's perpetual glitch list... City of San Marcos Utilities (reported over a year ago) and Sam's Club Personal Credit Card (more recent but unresolved as of today's date.)
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    All of my above list still failing and now Wells Fargo credit card is at least a week overdue from when it should have been grabbed by Quicken. Wells, Chase validate. The others are in a TEST account and grab nothing still.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    As of today 6/14 I am completely LOCKED OUT of Verizon Wireless & still cannot get Chase to play nice (have to provide complete I.D. info, repeatedly).
    I contacted tech support on Verizon and got the following reply: 

Hello,

Verizon Wireless requires a ID verification code to sync. We updated some things so the ID code should be prompted with it being sent to the contact info Verizon Wireless has on file for you. Please attempt to add the biller once more. If you need further assistance please contact us at our support center: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Thank you

Quicken Support

Regards,
    Quicken Customer Care

Nothing changed, still locked out. 

Quicken Premier
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    When this has happened to me, I unlink from the reminder if there is one, then delete the online biller. Not sure if it makes any difference from deleting from the Online Bills page or from Validate. Then to be sure, close and reopen Quicken and add the Online Bill again. Should work then. Should.....
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, but thanks Bob,  been there, done that (numerous times) It did work with other billers though.  I have been out for the past 10 days. Just re-established the Chase account tonight and will see if it holds thru tomorrow. The Verizon issue I discussed with support (again) today. Same story, they'll send an email to the next level up and explain... Not holding my breath. Will post if anything positive. 

Quicken Premier
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    When you're trying to add the Verizon Wireless billing DO NOT select the Verizon Wireless from the list. Just select the Verizon. For some reason, Verizon Wireless will try to get a verification code [by the means of your choice]. But will immediately give an error that they couldn't connect, blah, blah).

Let me know if this worked for you (too).
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Robert Armani
    Thanks for the suggestion Robert. A little further clarification, if you will. I don't have an option for just
    "Verizon".  Were you referring to one of the other 3 listed below, or did you have other options?

Quicken Premier
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, it's the Verizon Residential. It works fine with Verizon Wireless.
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭
    Chase Card and Synchrony Bank "JC Penney" online billers are again locked out this AM. Validate Online billers shows no issue. Been reported numerous times using reporting tool and mentioning these same problems in other topics. v33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 WIN
    Chase problem is pretty well documented in this community, but the JC Penney one not so much. Problem seems to have started when Synchrony upgraded our card from a rewards card to a mastercard. I keep thinking that quicken is looking at the old account and website data. What's weird is both accounts which use express web connect have zero issues downloading data. Only the darn billers are broken.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post. Hopefully someone who can do something about these issues is reading this topic.

For me, Chase and The Hartford are locked out at least every other day or so. Never saw this issue before several months ago. So something changed, imho, that has not been corrected.