Transactions Not Matching Correctly [edited]

Options
redsoxrock
redsoxrock Member ✭✭
I used to be able to easily match transactions between accounts. For example, when I downloaded transactions from my checking and savings accounts, often I had transferred money between the two. When selecting the Category for a transaction, I simply selected the other account. Quicken did a great job of matching to the corresponding transaction and both registers indicate a transfer to the corresponding account. Now it seems there has been new logic added that doesn't work as well. Many of the transactions end up not being properly matched. For instance, I have transactions in my checking that match to the corresponding savings transaction accurately. But the savings transaction indicates a transfer back to the same saving account. This doesn't seem to make sense to me. When a transaction is matched between 2 accounts, shouldn't the transaction matching show back to the other account within both registers? It seems Quicken has tried to fix something and it no longer works correctly.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @redsoxrock,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file by following the instructions below. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair
    4. Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair
    4. Super Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.