Update problem

After the last update, my address book disappeared, and my memorized payee list only includes payees from 2021.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wendyzomparelli,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair
    4. Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair
    4. Super Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • wendyzomparelli
    wendyzomparelli Member
    To backup my Quicken data, I moved it to Dropbox. I want to keep all my Quicken data in a Dropbox file permanently. Now, when I tell Quicken to open in Dropbox, it thinks it doesn’t have any data content at all and keeps switching to the document file. How to I tell it to use the folder in Dropbox?

I am using Version R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    To clarify; do you only have backup files saved in your DropBox folder, or is your main data file also saved in your DropBox folder?

The reason I ask is that we strongly advise against saving your main data file to a DropBox folder (as well as any other cloud-based drive folders) as this can cause data damage and/or corruption. For this reason, we recommend keeping your main data file saved on your local hard drive. By default, Quicken data files are saved and located in the following pathway; C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\Quicken (see example below). 

Please, refer to this support article for more information in regards to storing data files on cloud services such as DropBox.

Backup files are fine to be saved to DropBox and if you wish to change the default backup folder where Quicken automatic backup files are saved, you can do so by following the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Backup
    4. Next to the Automatic backups checkbox, click Change written in blue (see below)
    5. Select the folder where you would like automatic backups to be saved going forward
    6. Click OK
    I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja