How do I use Quicken if there is no internet service

Answers

• JMFNimb
    JMFNimb Member
    Start Quicken if there is no Internet Service?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You have to have an internet connection to install and register Quicken.
    After that, you should be able to disable your network adapters.  No guarantees.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • xmnboy
    xmnboy Member ✭✭
    Starting Quicken when there is no Internet connection works but is unnecessarily burdensome. On my system it requires about five minutes before Quicken decides there is no Internet connection and will allow me to work with my _local_ data. One of the reasons I use Quicken is because I want my data to be local and not burdened by a requirement to have an Internet connection.

How do we get a message to the Quicken developers to ask that they please separate the process that checks for an Internet connection from using the application, and turn the "check for Internet" into an asynchronous process? In those instances when the Internet fails (which is too often), I should not be required to wait five minutes to access my local data. Obviously, yes, if the Internet is not available it will limit some of the features in the application, but bringing up the GUI, reading local data and adding transactions to that local data should not be impeded.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried disabling your Network Adapter before starting Quicken?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10