USD Account in Q Win Canada

CaptainRon60
CaptainRon60 Member
I'm using the latest version of Quicken Canada. I have successfully created an Investment account denominated in CAD and containing Canadian stocks. No problem.

I am now trying to create another account denominated in USD and containing only U.S. stocks. I createD the investment account (Brokerage) and selectED USD as the denomination. Then I entered a USD stock symbol (in this case MO) - no problem, but when I examine the stock details, it shows the denomination as CAD. What gives?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @CaptainRon60

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your brokerage accounts currency. I'm wondering here where exactly the issue is. If we could get a screenshot of the issue so we're able to have a better idea. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photo into the response box in order to add it

Once you get a chance to add the photos we'll see what we can do next in order to fix the issue you're having here.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• CaptainRon60
    CaptainRon60 Member
    I am using Quicken Canada. I'm trying to set up a separate investment account for US Stocks in USD. I set up the account manually and set the currency to USD. I selected Brokerage account and U.S. Stock. When I add a stock in this account (e.g. MO) and look at the account details, it sets currency to CDN. Also, it will not update prices as it does in my other CDN accounts that I have set up.