how to stop quicken 2001 bill minder

2001 is a bit old but I liked better than the newer versions. I would like to get rid of bill minder and save me the nuisance of shutting it down every time it pops up.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall, you should be able to select Billminder on the Windows Start menu, select Options..., and set your preferences such that Billminder is not started.  
  • NHM
    NHM Member
    I should have said that I was running W 10. I checked the equivalent of the START MENU and there was an entry for it, but I couldn't get into it. I tried uninstalling just that piece, but W10 wanted to uninstall Quicken.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9
    NHM said:
    I should have said that I was running W 10. I checked the equivalent of the START MENU and there was an entry for it, but I couldn't get into it. I tried uninstalling just that piece, but W10 wanted to uninstall Quicken.
    The Start menu Billminder entry should be a shortcut to the billmind.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken folder.  If you're not able to open the program using an appropriate compatibility mode, I suspect renaming the program may be sufficient to disable the functionality.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all else fails, how about making the jump to a free version of Quicken Deluxe 2013?
    It's been reported to run on Windows 10 and will position you towards eventual future upgrading to a supported version of Quicken Subscription (2021).

• NHM
    NHM Member
    Sherlock: I changed the suffix from .exe to .BAD , but I don't remember if I restarted Quicken. I then closed the reminder, so I don't have anything to test with.

UKR: I may try it, when I find the time. But the four newer versions had proved unsatisfactory so I'm skeptical. I also have a data conversion with 2004 which is a pain.