Purchased a new Quicken Deluxe Box from Quicken's Amazon store instead of renewing online

My subscription expired on May 14th. Being a loyal customer, I purchased a renewal online through the Quicken store on Amazon on May 13th. Big mistake. A boxed software disk was sent to my unmanned office in USA while I am stuck here in Italy. I have all of the purchase info, just not the 16 digit code inside the box. Can I invalidate that box and get a refund, and then apply that refund towards repurchasing a renewal from the Quicken.com site? I understand (but cant see why not) that Quicken is unable to recover the activation code from the purchase details alone. I have no direct access to the box. If you can send me a link for uploading my proof of purchase invoice, i would be happy to send the confirmation details. I had no idea when I made the purchase that I was getting a physical box. I expected an activation code to be emailed back to me like in the past.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an alternative to getting a refund.  Assuming (big if) that you purchased a Quicken package marked 2021, the activation code in the box is good until 12/31/22, (12/31/2021 if 2020).  You could purchase another copy of Quicken (making sure it is a download this time), apply it and then when there is six months left on that subscription, apply the first activation code (assuming that you are back in the US by then).
    Your time frame is only close if the box is 2020, if 2021, you have plenty of time to use the code.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    greggalf said:
    A boxed software disk was sent to my unmanned office in USA while I am stuck here in Italy. I have all of the purchase info, just not the 16 digit code inside the box. ...
    And there really isn't anybody in the entire USA who can access your "unmanned office", open the box and send you a picture of the activation code?