I submitted a cancel payment transaction but it was denied. I can't get it to stop trying.

I submitted a cancel payment instruction for my mortgage because we were refinancing. It was too late so the bank denied it. Quicken keeps trying to send it every time I submit any other payments. I have tried clicking on "Don't Cancel Payment" but it doesn't do anything. I have to uncheck the tick box for cancelling they payment every time I submit anything else for payment.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @BrianK70

Thank you for visiting the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to cancel the payment.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • BrianK70
    BrianK70 Member
    That link is not relevant to the issue. I had already tried to cancel the payment and it was denied because it was too late to cancel it. I was unable to "cancel the cancellation", though. Quicken was still showing it was ready to send the cancellation even though it had already tried and failed. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to change. I tried "Do Not Cancel Payment" but it was like that didn't do anything at all. It would still just say "ready to send cancellation". I ended up just deleting the entire transaction and recreating it as a manual debit entry so the balance would be correct.
  • BrianK70
    BrianK70 Member
    Now, however, it still seems to be hung up somewhere. Whenever I go to exit Quicken, I get a message that there are online payments to send and do I want to send them before exiting. I go to the online center but there is nothing there showing it hasn't already been sent.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @BrianK70,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, to clarify; was the payment in question a scheduled Repeating Online payment or a single one-time-only online payment only?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja