Ability to archive old account transactions (Q Mac)

It would be great to be able to archive "old" account transactions, so the account register doesn't contain 10+ years of transactions. If there is a way to do this, haven't found it. Nor do I want to set up a new "account" every year for our bank.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Sailorgirl87 It might help to explain what benefit you'd be trying to achieve by "archiving" old transactions? And how would you want to be able to access the transactions which are archived? 

My checking account register contains more than two decades of transactions, but I rarely scroll past the first screen or two; I don't ever feel the thousands of older transactions getting in my way at all. And if I want to search for the history of certain purchases, all the data is there. And, of course, I can set a filter so the register only shows transactions from this year, or the past year, so the rest remains out of sight, but I rarely find it necessary to do so.

Would it work for you to create a single additional account called "XYZ Account-Old" and drag-and-drop all your transactions except the past year into that account? Once a year, you could drag more transactions from the current account to the old account. That would reduce the "clutter" in your current account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993