Anyone else having Quicken Bill Manager issues with Amex?

I've been having issues with QBM and my Amex bill in the last few days. First, a 'Quick Pay' payment I submitted on 6/12 failed, with the message being that Amex would not allow my checking account as a funding source. I've used the same account and process to pay my Amex bill for 2+ years.

Called Amex, they said they see nothing on their end and must be QBM. Called Quicken, support [Removed - Disruptive] said they see nothing on their end and must be Amex. They did have me log out/in of my Quicken cloud account, and then I resubmitted the payment.

The payment failed again, except this time because the system said Amex recently received a payment. So I log in to Amex and there is now showing a payment submitted, but it's in a different amount from the one I tried to send!

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @KnnNike,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please tell us which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, could you please tell us the date of the initial payment you attempted to send?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    It's the latest version - 33.24 I believe - and the payment was attempted on 6/12.

I had the same issue with another biller as well, leading me to suspect there are issues on the QBP side.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @KnnNike

Thanks for the update. I was taking a look on our side and saw your payment did go through so I'm wondering why you are getting that error. I tried here to see if we're able to resync the issue you're having. I would recommend seeing if you're able to validate the biller. You can do so by going to the bills and income and in the gear in the top right selecting validate online billers. 

Additionally once you've done this could you let us know the other biller you're having trouble with? We can take a look at it as well once we get the chance.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco