Quicken Not Responding - Screen changes

No matter what I am doing in Quicken: entering a transaction, moving from one account to another my screen kind of freezes where the font changes and then it goes back to normal. The freeze and the font change and then I am able to do something is about 20 seconds in length. But once it goes back to normal and I am able to do something then it all happens again.
I did the File Validation, cleaned up some transactions but it does it on all of my accounts.
It does mostly happen with my 6 chase accounts, but it still goes very slow on my AMEX and my investments.
Click on the Menu buttons - Home, Spending, Bills, Investments - those move very quickly but my major concern is the transactions.
Thank you for any and all help.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Crashes or killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Laptop users:  Is your laptop plugged in while you're working with Quicken or are you running on battery with power saving reduced performance settings?
    Check your Control Panel / Power Options. Make sure the selected Power Plan allows for best performance while plugged in.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Adding to @UKR 's comment above, I installed and ran the same version of Quicken and file on four PCs (purchased 2009 thru two weeks ago) and the screen flashes & freezes behave differently on all four.  My personal conclusion is that:
    (a) Quicken is a not a well-optimized program and resource heavy and therefore a more powerful computer system is helpful, then
    (b) The more important aspect is how well-tuned the system components are.  How did the manufacturer pick and choose to build the computer.  It is not just having the latest components in your computer, but were they designed and tested to work well with each other.
    This is where a consumer level and business level computer separate the boys from men.  My 2009 Dell Latitude (business grade) laptop outperforms the three year old Dell Inspiron (consumer grade) when it comes to running Quicken and other demanding programs.
    • Q Win Deluxe user since 2010, US Subs R32.12
    • I don't use Sync, Cloud, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr
    • Techie, Win10 Pro x64 21H1 (also Win11 Beta)