Cannot connect to one account at Ally

I've used Quicken for over 20 years. I used to be able to download my transactions from multiple accounts at Ally Bank through Quicken directly. I only opened those accounts around September of 2020. At some point, this stopped working for my checking account. I contacted support at Ally who referred me to Quicken, and Quicken said Ally was restricting downloads due to a high volume of stimulus payments/transactions. It has been many many months. Now if I create a new file and connect, all the accounts download. But starting over with a new file is not a viable solution, because I have so much data in the existing file. Quicken support is very frustrating to deal with, as I feel I'm never connecting with the appropriate tech support level.

Any solutions to this issue?

Answers

• Diallo
    Diallo Member
    Additional Info: If I try to add an account from Ally within my existing file, it says "Sorry we encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" - Same error for months. In a new file, no problem. I have 1 checking, 3 savings, and 2 minor's accounts at Ally.
  • Diallo
    Diallo Member
    Update. I logged out and back into Quicken ID, tried tools->account list->add account... nothing worked. Then I restored from a backup from this morning and did add account and it connected to Ally and worked! No rhyme or reason, but at least it's working.