Data File Password not working

I think I shutdown my computer with Quicken open (assuming that it would close gracefully). When I reopened quicken I received an error message about the Datafile password. Both passwords that I had saved in my password vault don't work and the "Forgot Password" link does nothing.
I restored from OneDrive's previous versions and was able to open the file without any password prompt.
For the most part all looks good except my main checking account shows 0 transactions even after doing a One Step update.

What are my options?

Answers

• JCNickell
    JCNickell Member ✭✭
    Ok, so never mind. I shut everything down last night and started it up this morning and the same account now lists 122 transactions (going off the footer) and looks like everything's there :#
  • JCNickell
    JCNickell Member ✭✭
    Ok on closer looking, the account is messed up, I had two "Paycheck" type transactions with all the splits and stuff that were "properly" entered before this mess and now they are just "net salary" type of transactions.

I really thought that a paid product like Quicken was going to be more stable than the free software GnuCash that I was coming from. To date it's not been my experience.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • JCNickell
    JCNickell Member ✭✭
    I'm not home to look right now, but it's the default documents folder that Quicken installs to. I'm using OneDrive to backup/sync the documents folder.

I worked on it some more and restored the version from a few days ago and all but one of the transactions showed up. I fixed that one.

Still got something else to sort out with the paycheck and FSA account structure. But that's a different issue.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would strongly suggest you don't store your Quicken data file in a OneDrive folder. Corruption can occur unless you pause OneDrive before starting Quicken.
  • JCNickell
    JCNickell Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I'll look into moving it and setting up a different backup routine
  • Greg_the_Geek
    You can backup to a OneDrive folder without any problems.