Accounts from different QDF files mingled together

Hello,

I track my spending and my partner's spending in separate QDF files. The files reside in separate subdirectories on my computer. Recently, when switching from one file to the other file, accounts from the first file are "added" to the second file. This has happened multiple times. My current fix has been to just delete the "added" accounts but this should not happen. Has anyone else had this issue and then resolved it? Does Quicken know this exists? If not, I'm asking that this be added to the known issues and resolved.

I appreciate any support and feedback offered.

Cheers!

Doug
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Contact Quicken Support.  Because what you describe isn't supposed to be possible ... and they have the tools to research this in a deeper manner than the other users on this forum have.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Is it the actual accounts from the other file or when you download transactions is it downloading from the other accounts at the same bank?  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The reason something like this happens is because each Quicken data file has a unique Id in it that is used to connect it to the "Quicken cloud data set" that it syncs to.

When you use a copy of your data file as the start for another data file both of them end up linked to the same cloud data set.  And that leads to problems like you have experienced.

Before the last release, which is currently in staged release mode, the only way you could get a data file with a new unique Id is by using File -> New Quicken File...

Starting with R34.13 there is now a way to create a copy that has a new unique Id.
    File -> Copy or Backup File -> Create a copy or template -> Next -> Save Copy

You can get the R34.13 patch from here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7895340/windows-r34-xx-release-us
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Just for info

R34. Xx has been pulled back and not available at all until they start a revised version soon. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    miklk said:
    Just for info

R34. Xx has been pulled back and not available at all until they start a revised version soon. 
    You can still download and install it from the link in the thread I posted.
    But yes you should be aware of the fact they have found problems mostly with reports, and as such it might be better to wait for a new release.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/