Plans for working with foreign banks?

It is my impression that many other quicken users besides myself have accounts in more countries, and I wonder if anyone would know if there maybe future plans for quicken to work with foreign banks, thus make tranactions import from overseas banks possible ?
I imagine this could also potentially bring many new users to quicken as I don't see many comparable foreign financial applications.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Janusz Walentynowicz,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your question.

Currently, there are no known plans for foreign bank account support with Quicken. Therefore, I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Personally, I wouldn't bet on this ever coming to fruition.  The banks/cards/brokerages/etc pay a fee to Quicken/Intuit to provide download services into Q ... and from the perspective of the individual foreign Institution, I don't see there being enough demand from their ENTIRE customer base for this to be desired by the foreign institution.
    Q previously had a UK/European version ... and it was allowed to die due to lack of interest.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Additionally, banking regulations for online data vary considerably from country to country, so compliance with each country's laws and banking regulations make this a significant challenge. So that's another reason this is unlikely to happen. Also, connectivity services are run under contract by former Quicken parent Intuit, and I don't believe they support financial institutions outside the US and Canada. For Quicken to develop and support this on their own likely goes beyond their capabilities. (Quicken is a surprisingly small company.)

But people who want this functionality should vote for the idea, and add a comment indicating the country(ies) of desired financial institutions. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993