Quicken Windows main screen not visible on laptop when on a trip. I use display 2 at the office.

What is the work around. Someone at Quicken walked me through the fix a couple of months ago. I need to print the answer.

Answers

• bartdawson
    bartdawson Member
    This problem was closed last year with explaining the workaround.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Simple! Before going on a trip, make the Laptop Display, Number 1. Then after Quicken is opened, drag Quicken from Display 2 to Display 1.

Restart the Laptop. Do not connected to the other Monitor. Start Quicken up. Any Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R34.24  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 21390.2025
                       Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit Build 22000.100
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19043.1110

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• bartdawson
    bartdawson Member
    I understand. My problem is that I did do what you recommend. I'm away from home, and now, I cannot see the main screen and cannot use Quicken. I'm stuck. Is there a workaround I can use now?
  • bartdawson
    bartdawson Member
    I found the help page by starting with www.quicken.com. I cannot use the Quicken program at all, except to enter my password. And then Quicken is not seen. I have a subscription to Quicken Premier, 32 bit.
  • bartdawson
    bartdawson Member
    I have a slow Internet connection 0.8 to 2 megabits using a T-Mobile hot spot.
  • bartdawson
    bartdawson Member
    I'm using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, 20H2, OS build 19042.1052
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the main quicken window is off the screen, you can try using the keyboard to move the window. Hold the Windows key + Shift and press the left or right arrow key on your keyboard.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a multiple monitor setup, but a quick google gave me this result:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/661597/how-to-move-a-window-to-another-monitor-on-windows-10/
    Try the keyboard function for "Project / PC screen only"
  • bartdawson
    bartdawson Member
    I returned home, connected display 2, and Quicken main screen was there. Workarounds using Windows + P, or Windows + Shift + < (or >) did not work for me. So, I MUST follow "thecreator" rules above.

I think Quicken has an obligation to solve this problem, or to at least provide a workaround that works for this accidental, inadvertent user problem. Maybe Windows itself has been revised and now Quicken should become more compatible again.

So, question was answered, but problem is not solved. Thanks to all who responded. Nice to know I'm not alone.