My Quicken installation failed with exit code 1722

GDobratz
GDobratz Member
I know that this question has been asked before by others but everyone in those posts has been directed to the link:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Well that link is either broken or removed. When I attempt to access it I get the message:
"Permission Problem: You don't have permission to do that."

The first attempt at the install was on a clean install of Windows 10 21H1, so there was no previous version of Quicken to get in the way. On subsequent retries, I did clean out the residue from the first failed install before retrying.

My real question is this:
Quicken does appear to be functional. Since the failure is the inability to install the Quicken PDF Printer, and I am perfectly happy living without it. Is the partial installation sufficient, or is there likely to be other stuff that I need that the installation didn't get to because of this error.

I am installing Quicken Deluxe version R33.24, Build: 27.1.33.24.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exit Code 1722 is a Windows error code, not a Q error code.  Try Googling it.
    And, I'll ask a Mod why that post was Archived ... which is why you can't get to it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GDobratz The link that you cited has been moved back to the FAQ section.  You should be able to reference it now.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • GDobratz
    GDobratz Member
    Thank you for the replies and for getting the missing link restored.
    I read the document in the link and there was nothing there that I had not already done.
    Quicken seems to be working perfectly well without the PDF printer.

If someone from Quicken could answer my question in the original post, I would appreciate it.
  • JamesHlu
    JamesHlu Member
    got the same error 1722
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JamesHlu,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in June of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.