My Quicken installation failed with exit code 1722

I know that this question has been asked before by others but everyone in those posts has been directed to the link:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Well that link is either broken or removed. When I attempt to access it I get the message:
"Permission Problem: You don't have permission to do that."

The first attempt at the install was on a clean install of Windows 10 21H1, so there was no previous version of Quicken to get in the way. On subsequent retries, I did clean out the residue from the first failed install before retrying.

My real question is this:
Quicken does appear to be functional. Since the failure is the inability to install the Quicken PDF Printer, and I am perfectly happy living without it. Is the partial installation sufficient, or is there likely to be other stuff that I need that the installation didn't get to because of this error.

I am installing Quicken Deluxe version R33.24, Build: 27.1.33.24.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Exit Code 1722 is a Windows error code, not a Q error code.  Try Googling it.
    And, I'll ask a Mod why that post was Archived ... which is why you can't get to it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @GDobratz The link that you cited has been moved back to the FAQ section.  You should be able to reference it now.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • GDobratz
    GDobratz Member
    Thank you for the replies and for getting the missing link restored.
    I read the document in the link and there was nothing there that I had not already done.
    Quicken seems to be working perfectly well without the PDF printer.

If someone from Quicken could answer my question in the original post, I would appreciate it.