Transaction Deletion

I am a Windows 10, Quicken V33.24, Build 27.1.33.24 user. I have a "duplicate" Sent item transaction from a payment to a vendor. One of the items has cleared. The duplicate needs to be removed. When I click on the item to delete, I get two options: (1) Edit this instance of this reminder, or (2) delete all instances of this reminder. If I choose "Edit this instance" I get no further dialog. If I choose Delete all Instances" I get an error message that says I cannot. It appears on my reminder list, but I do not think I set up a reminder - at least on purpose. I cannot get a response from the edit button on the reminders list. How do I get rid of this transaction, and its reminder?

Answers

• aholter66
    aholter66 Member
    I ran File Validation and Repair and it found the item in the transaction register and removed it, as well as the Bill and Income Reminder and fixed them both! I saw this suggestion related to someone else's unrelated problem, but it worked for me, too.
  • aholter66
    aholter66 Member
    I am not out of the woods yet. The next time I opened the file, another reminder was created that also appears in my transaction register, for a transaction I once did a month ago. I ran File Validation again. after 50 minutes it did not complete, When I opened the report, it said it found and deleted the reminder. But when I ran One Step Update - my password vault information for my financial institutions was now missing. I restored a backup and will live with the reminder transaction in the register (Zero Balance).
  • aholter66
    aholter66 Member
    It seems I can use File Validation to remove the reminder and remove the transaction in my register. But, if I back-up and then restore, the transaction and reminder are back. If I close and reopen, the transaction is back, but not the reminder. Right now it doesn't really hurt me because the dollar amount in the transaction is zero. The transaction is dated for 7/7. Maybe I will be able to delete or edit on or after that date., but no ultimate solution yet.
  • why does quicken 2020 deluxe delete transactions
  • aholter66
    aholter66 Member
    I don't know, but I am glad it does since it created the transaction, not me.