Citi-Visa Bills & Income Problem Retrieving Correct Bill Info

Bills & Income feature issue (again). Quicken retrieves the bill for the Citi Visa card, but shows the minimum payment as the only value. It omits the total and/or minimum payment option from the drop down tab in the Bills and Income section. 

As shown above, there is no option to select either/or minimum due or balance due. Unlike the typical credit cards. As an example AMEX shown below. 

Strangely enough, I do not use Quicken to pay my bills (no comment), but instead use my checking BillPay feature and it correctly shows the total due for both Citi & AMEX (see below)

So, bottom line, I'm missing the $4k+ total balance due in the Quicken Bills and Income screen. It just shows the minimum payment value. 
I have: validated, supervalidated, Review & Repaired Online Billers, used backup files, created test files, logged out and back into the cloud, spoken with Quicken tech support who told me that's the way it's supposed to work (no comment), spoken with Citi tech who told me if my bank's getting the info, it's the same for everybody, and of course deleted and reinstalled the biller. 
We've had other issues with Citi, well documented on this forum, but I've never seen anything like this. I have read on this site of multiple billers having the order of the minimum due/balance due being reversed on some billers, but that was several years back. 

Anyone else having similar issues? 
Any superusers visited this problem? 
As always, thanks in advance for any hints. 
Clay
Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
Quicken Premier Subscription

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @gooddog50

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues at with loading the correct amount. I was taking a look to see if I could try syncing the accounts to see if that could help on our side. In order to do this could you please message me your email that is associated with your Quicken so that I'm able to take a look. 

Please let me know once you get the chance to do so.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Replied via message, thank you. 
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gooddog50

Thanks for sending me the message. I've taken a look and have tried resyncing the account to see if we're able to get the balance showing up like requested. Once you've had a chance try validating the biller see if after 24 hours we're able to get the correct balance listed.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Francisco for the quick reply. I will wait 24 hrs and give it a shot. 
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    Hi Francisco,
    I performed an "Update All" and nothing changed for Citi. Then used the drop down menu to "Refresh bill" and got the pop up "Biller Added. Waiting for Latest Update". Then used the gear icon to "Review & Repair" to validate. Got two errors on other billers I am having problems with, but no change for Citi. 
    Citi biller looks exactly as noted above with the $63 due. 
    Should I delete and re-enter the Citi biller? 
    Thanks much,

• Quicken Francisco
    @gooddog50

Thanks for the update. Lets try what you suggested since we're still seeing only the minimum balance. I also have another idea here on our side if we're not able to get it working by readding the biller. Once you get the chance let us know how it goes and we'll proceed from there. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tried it over the weekend and no change. Open to next idea? 
    Thanks,
    Clay
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gooddog50

Thanks for the update. I was thinking more about the troubleshooting step we could take but first I'd like to let you know it would likely remove any documents you have attached to the biller which is something you may still want. If you are ok with getting rid of those we should be able to proceed. Let me know if that's a possibility or if you'd like to save them.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Docs attached to the biller? Like what, the PDF statement? Please clarify if you will. I don't know what exactly you could be referring to. I don't think there would be anything, and I can always re-enter the biller. As long as the downloaded data (history) was not deleted. 
    Thanks in advance,
    Clay
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gooddog50

The information would be the PDF statements attached to the biller in this case. These would be deleted I believe. Let me know once you get the chance.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Go for it, no problem with PDF, I have a copy.
    Thanks, let me know what's next. 
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gooddog50

unfortunately it looks like the troubleshooting step I was originally going to take here is a bit more complicated on my side than I thought it would be so I'll go about it a bit differently. Just a question about a couple of your other billers. Are you able to freely switch between the minimum balance and maximum balance on another biller? If you are it should be biller specific which narrows down our troubleshooting. Let me know once you get the chance!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Francisco,
    In regards to your question "Are you able to freely switch between the minimum balance and maximum balance on another biller" YES, see the second picture in first post above. That drop down selection is available and usable in two other credit cards. (as was previously in this account) Also, please review the entire first post, as in the BillPay service at my bank sees the minimum due and total balance and correctly set up the payment for this month. So it would appear Citi is sending out the correct info. Also, the PDF attached to the Citi biller in the Quicken Bills & Income tab shows both amounts (min and total). Makes me wonder if the problem is not on the Quicken/Prism? side. 
    Thanks for the help, let me know what I can provide.
    Clay
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gooddog50

Thanks for the information. I've submitted a report to our bill manager team to see if they're able to take a look at what might be causing the issue since it's only this specific biller. Generally these take about 72 hours for them to be checked on. After those 72 hours I would recommend validating the biller then seeing if we're able to switch to the correct balance. 

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7
    @Quicken_Francisco,
    Thank you for the assistance. I will leave it alone thru the weekend and check the following Mon/Tues. 
    If you would, please leave this open so I can reply with the results. 
    Clay
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8
    Hi Francisco,
    I received an email today from Quicken Bill Manager as attached.
    However, after trying to update the Citi biller, to no avail, I tried to refresh, update all, delete Citi, re-enter Citi, update, refresh, update all, and finally it updated the bill. Unfortunately, it looks exactly the same, minimum balance due only. No other options, exactly as we were working with before. 

I did validate first and all was good.

Please advise as to next step to take. 
    Thank you,
    Clay

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Francisco 
    Anybody out there? 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @gooddog50,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Quicken Francisco is currently temporarily out of office. Since previous troubleshooting attempts have failed to resolve this issue so far; at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting as this issue may require assistance from our Tier 2 team and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that the efforts from here in the Community were unable to resolve this for you! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    @Quicken Anja,
    Thank you for the response and update. Unfortunately, I have already reached out to Quicken Support with absolutely no results. That's why I posted on this forum. What do I have to do to get this fixed? 
    Thank you,
    Clay

BTW, my [Removed - Solicitation] account correctly retrieves the billing information from this Citi card.