importing qfx brokerage data into usd quicken account asks for cad-usd conversion rate for each

when i import usd .qfx brokerage data into a usd register in quicken canadian edition for each accepted transaction a pop up box appears asking for the cad-usd exchange rate to use. But the entire import file and register are in usd so not sure why its asking this as it slows down inputing the file. any ideas?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    What brokerage are you downloading from?  And are the accounts at that brokerage USD or CAD?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked in the QFX file to see if it anything encoded in CAD instead of USD?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • questionsforever
    questionsforever Member ✭✭
    the quicken account is usd. i use code 03349 in the file. the qfx file reads, '<CURDEF>USD</CURDEF>'
    each transaction in the file reads, "<CURRENCY>
    <CURRATE>1.0</CURRATE>
    <CURSYM>USD</CURSYM>"

But when i import it to quicken and accept every single transaction pops up the window asking for the currency exchange rate of each transaction. I don't understand why since it is all in USD, both the account and definitions in the file.
    it is somewhat annoying to click ok for like 300 transactions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well looking at my investment accounts I see only the '<CURDEF>USD</CURDEF>', and of course it works without asking about the exchange rate.

So it seems that the <CURRENCY>
    <CURRATE>1.0</CURRATE>
    <CURSYM>USD</CURSYM>" is triggering Quicken to ask about the exchange rate.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/