No prior notification that my subscription was going to expire

So, today, July 1st, 2021, I got an email from Quicken that my subscription expired yesterday, June 30th, 2021. Yes, it says I can renew but why can they do like every other software company that lets you know in advance that the subscription is about to expire. Some of them but you with an email every week a two months ahead of time.
Now that I am covering subscription expiration notification issues, let me just say that $109 a year is damn expensive, extremely.
FYI, There is no category for "Subscriptions" so I chose "Signing in, Passwords, and Activation (Windows)" and "Subscriptions" is not a valid tag in here so I chose "Sign-In Issues". Why, they don't want us to talk about it?
Tagged:

Answers

• J.Do
    J.Do Member ✭✭
    To be exact, it's $103.99 for the "Home, Business & Rental Property" edition.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    hate to state it, it's a free country... Q can charge what it wants and each consumer can choose the software company that best suits its needs. what is the issue? 
  • J.Do
    J.Do Member ✭✭
    @Mark1104 The issue is exactly what you say: this is a free country and I can say whatever I feel, what's the matter with you? Don't waste time posting something just because you have to say something instead of having something to say.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @J.Do- maybe time is better spent discussing an alternative to Q than spending the time agreeing that it is a free country. 

I wonder what software delivered what Q delivers at the price it is delivered.  I will admit I have used Q for many, many years, so I am biased. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.Do said:
    So, today, July 1st, 2021, I got an email from Quicken that my subscription expired yesterday, June 30th, 2021. Yes, it says I can renew but why can they do like every other software company that lets you know in advance that the subscription is about to expire. Some of them but you with an email every week a two months ahead of time.
    Now that I am covering subscription expiration notification issues, let me just say that $109 a year is damn expensive, extremely.
    FYI, There is no category for "Subscriptions" so I chose "Signing in, Passwords, and Activation (Windows)" and "Subscriptions" is not a valid tag in here so I chose "Sign-In Issues". Why, they don't want us to talk about it?

Did you check the SPAM bucket, both in your PC's email software and in your email account at your ISP? The regular notification emails which were sent out by Quicken over the last month or two could have been waylaid and marked SPAM by mistake.
    When's the last time you ran Quicken on your desktop / laptop computer? It should have also warned you about the upcoming expiration. And, running it today, it should have given you an optional path to the renewal procedure for your HB&R feature level. And it should have continued running as normal, albeit with a large banner renewal notice on screen.
    In your account at quicken.com, is / was the email address correct all the time? Or did you fix it today?
    Also, was your account at quicken.com set to Auto-renew, with a valid credit card number on file?
    As to the renewal price ... if you don't like the price from quicken.com, you are free to shop around the internet for better offers from reliable vendors and use their activation code in Quicken (Help / Enter Activation Code) to renew.