Quicken Bill Manager - Quick Pay and Check Pay

I am considering upgrading to Quicken Premiere to get Bill Manager. I would like one place to pay the credit cards, mortgage, etc. I've been doing some reading and I see there are two options to pay - Quick Pay and Check Pay. From the documentation, it appears Quick Pay is similar to using my credit card app or website to make a payment. Check Pay seems to be equivalent to using the Bill Pay feature of my banking app to send a check to a biller. Is this correct? How do I know if I can use Quick Pay to pay a bill? My assumption is if I can set the biller up and get an online bill (such as my credit cards) then I can use Quick Pay. What is the normal lead time for Check Pay (how long does it take a check to get to the biller) Lastly, is it an option to set up a credit card to pay a bill?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @David Green,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your questions.

To use Quicken Bill Manager services, you will be required to set up a checking account as a payment account as it will be prompted to enter a routing and account number.

You can then only make Quick Pay payments for bills that are set up as Online Billers. Other bills that do not have the option to be set up as Online Billers will need to be paid using Check Pay. Check Pays also generally take 3-5 business days to be delivered. However, this is not guaranteed as it does depends on your location. Anything paid before 9:00 am MST will be printed that day. Business days are the processing days, excluding holidays.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • halerson
    halerson Member ✭✭
    edited July 6
    [Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]
  • David Green
    David Green Member ✭✭
    @halerson Thanks. I was doing some reading yesterday and see that people have had issues with it. That is disappointing.