Unable to sign in

Everytime I start Quicken I get a signin page which repeats twice and ends up at a page "Quicken Setup" with 2 links "Download For Windows" and "Enter A New Product Key". Please see attached image. My subscription is valid and up to date.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Hello @kalakhr

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend signing out completely and sign back into your Quicken program. For instructions on signing out click here

After you sign back in successfully I recommend validating the file. First, select File >File Operations >Validate and Repair. Visual example is shown below. 

Once the file validates/repairs it will bring up a data log Notepad. It is not necessary to save it, simply close it. 

Hope this is helpful. Let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • kalakhr
    kalakhr Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Paloma,

Thank you for your response. The steps outlined by your answer didn't help. Still showing sign-in page, then another sign-in page then the download page. It doesn't open the file at all.

Thanks,
    kalakhr
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @kalakhr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, at the bottom of the first sign-in screen; do you see Create a new ID or Sign in with a different Quicken ID (underneath "Having problems with your Quicken ID?") as shown in the example below? If so, please go ahead and click on that.

You should then be prompted to type "Yes" and click Sign Out.

After that, you will then be taken back to the sign-in screen again (the bottom "Having problems..." section should now no longer show), and you should now be able to sign in successfully without being taken back through the same "Sign-in/download and install" screen.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • kalakhr
    kalakhr Member ✭✭
    I did try that. It didn't work, I get the same download page after I sign in.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited July 6
    Hello @kalakhr

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if we try signing in with a different file it we might have a better chance. To do this you'll want to hold CTRL + Shift then open Quicken how you normally would. This opens Quicken with no file. From here go across the top to file > new.  It should have you sign in and ideally let us through to the normal Quicken screen. From there you can switch files by going across the top to file > 2 (File Name/Location)

Once you've had a chance let us know if this lets you through!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • kalakhr
    kalakhr Member ✭✭
    Hello,

I am sorry to report that creating a new file "Test001" went thru the same flow:

sign-in ==> sign-in ==> Download

Thanks,
    kalakhr
  • Quicken Francisco
    Accepted Answer
    @kalakhr

Thank you for the update. I believe in this case what we can try next is to completely uninstall Quicken and reinstall. We'll want to uninstall Quicken by performing QcleanUI and then reinstalling afterwards. The Qcleanui will remove Quicken completely from your computer (Data files will be safe). I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Once you've uninstalled Quicken we should be able to then download from the link down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Let us know if you're able to get in once you've had a chance to do so.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • kalakhr
    kalakhr Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much. Following the steps outlined above solved the issue.

kalakhr
  • Quicken Francisco
    @kalakhr

Glad to hear that that resolved the issues for you! If you do have any other issues feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco