Reconciling

When I am reconciling and I click on a transaction, it jumps back to the register to that transaction in the register. It does not place a check mark in the reconcile box. Please advise how to fix this. I have closed it down and restarted to my computer to no avail.

thank you.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    don't click on the transaction directly; click on the space to the LEFT of the transaction, under the 'CLR' column
  • jhageman
    jhageman Member ✭✭
    Yes, that is exactly where I was clicking on the left hand side. I finally figured out that if I tabbed up or down and then hit enter that would recognize it as being reconciled but would not jump me back to the register. There is a glitch somewhere but at least I was able to reconcile my account this month. Thank you for the help anyway!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be that your mouse is set a little too sensitive and sends a double-click when you've only clicked once?
    In the reconcile window, a double-click opens the register transaction, a single click marks the transaction as cleared.
  • jhageman
    jhageman Member ✭✭
    Okay, that's good to know! I will check that out.
  • Kalicat
    Kalicat Member
    I have a similar problem but the reconcile window won't hold the checkmark and puts me back at the register. I can see the checkmark being placed and the reconciling amount remaining to be adjusted and then it jumps me back to the register again. I haven't made any configuration changes and this problem showed up after my last update.