Every time I download my Chase accounts, Quicken renames the account names.

My account may be named Chase Visa, but when I download the transactions, it changes the name to XXXXXXXX1234. Which is my account number. It does this every time. Any ideas of why it would do this and how to fix it?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Hello @Hiss

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need a few more details. For instance, what connection method are you using? Are you downloading the file directly from your bank's website and then importing the file to Quicken? If so, does it prompt you to link to an existing account? 

To find the connection method select Tools >Account list >Edit account details >Online services (2nd tab)
    Once more information is provided we can move forward with diagnosing the issue at hand.

-Quicken Paloma 

• Hiss
    Hiss Member
    We have it set up through Quicken. We currently use the Quicken Subscription service. We were having other issues with Quicken, we thought it might be because we had so much data in it, 23 years worth. So we started a new data file and started from scratch. That is when we starting having this issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This happens when somehow the Quicken Cloud data set gets out of sync with the data file.  The data set has its own idea of what the account name is and that gets synced back to the data file.

If you are using sync to Mobile/Web try:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> Reset your cloud data

If you aren't using sync to Mobile/Web then try:
    Create a new data file (File -> New Quicken File...) that is setup to sync to Mobile/Web (you can cancel adding an account).
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (x)
    From this dialog you can select the data set from the original data file, and delete it.
    You can then switch back to by selecting its name from the File menu.

When you do another One Step Update it will recreated the data set.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/