Stuck with blank 'Enter Quicken ID Password' screen

There are many, many posts on this topic dating back to at least 2019, but I can't seem to find a consistent solution and I am appalled that Quicken has not fixed this persistent issue that has been a problem for so many users. When I open the application (Quicken subscription for Windows, current version), I am stuck with a blank 'Enter Quicken ID Password' screen and the rest of the application is grayed out and unresponsive - my only choice is to close out with Task Manager. If I reboot my laptop and disable all network connections (Ethernet and WiFi) I can access Quicken temporarily, but when I re-enable Internet I get the blank screen of death as soon as the application tries to access the Quicken servers. This happened to me last year and I was able to get the application working by uninstalling and reinstalling, but that's a pretty drastic solution -- anyone else have a quicker and less painful remedy?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/blankwhite-registration-screen
  • nsmrb18
    nsmrb18 Member
    Thanks. I made it only to step #2 ("sign out of Quicken and sign back in") before the application crashed completely. Not just the blank "enter Quicken ID" screen - now it's a complete application crash with a 'send error report' request. I just tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, and I still cannot load the application without a crash.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmrb18 said:
    Thanks. I made it only to step #2 ("sign out of Quicken and sign back in") before the application crashed completely. Not just the blank "enter Quicken ID" screen - now it's a complete application crash with a 'send error report' request. I just tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, and I still cannot load the application without a crash.
    If you haven't already, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install, and update: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

I suggest you start Quicken without opening a Quicken file: press the Ctrl key and open Quicken. 

You should then be able to restore a good Quicken file backup and reset the Quicken ID associated with the restored Quicken file if necessary (aka step #2).

• ddeveaux
    ddeveaux Member ✭✭
    edited July 24
    [Removed -Rant]