Only one paycheck in a series is not showing up in the Actual data in my Budget

I am running R33.24 Windows 10 Home.

I have one Paycheck that is not showing up in this year's budget.

I have tried copying and pasting the existing paycheck back into the account, I have copied and edited a newer paycheck to get it to show up. I even created a new paycheck one time event and entered it into the account. I tried clearing my cloud data. I tried validating and repairing my file and then super validating and repairing my file. I tried re-syncing my account (the transaction is too old to be added to a current sync, it's from February). I have tried deleting the budget and recreating it, multiple times.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, stupid question ... but I feel I have to ask ...
    This paycheck is dated correctly, xx/xx/2021 ?
    It's in the correct account (which is included in the budget)?
    And it has all the Category Splits, exactly the same as all the other paychecks?
    It's a real register transaction and not a past due scheduled reminder?
    If you are willing to show paycheck details in public, please do the following:
    Filter your register to only show these paychecks (e.g., Deposits only)
    Create a Register Report (press CTRL-P from the account register)
    Select to print split transactions in the report.
    Select the Date Range to include only the problem transaction and one good one before or after
    Proceed to create a Print Preview, zoom in and then capture the preview as described below.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• morangegurl
    morangegurl Member
    Yes, the date is correct as is the account it's in. Everything looks how it's supposed to to me. The problem transaction is 2/5/21. It also is not showing up as a transaction in the Income & Transfers Calendar, even though it is a reconciled transaction.

I do have to say that I found a way to force it to show up by creating a whole new paycheck using the wizard, but when I do that it shows up as a separate employer and that's not what I'm wanting.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With only a cursory glance at things, I can see one potential problem.
    Quicken doesn't like it if you categorize transactions into a main category (Salary) if same category has subcategories attached (Salary:Vacation, Salary:Holiday, ...)
    • All transactions categorized to "Salary" should be recategorized into a new subcategory, "Salary:Gross Salary".
    • And the 2/5 paycheck differs from the 2/19 paycheck. You must have been on vacation the entire pay period because there's no amount allocated to "Salary" (or better "Salary:Gross Salary")
  • morangegurl
    morangegurl Member
    Nope. That's not the problem. I have many others that have various Salary subcategories and show up just fine.